Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Starting Up Then Cutting Out..

Everything a-ok now. Throttle bypass cable is cool too (as far as i know).

How do i know this aint gonna be and intermittent fault now especially if i out somewhere??

Luckly this happened whilst at home.

Engine management and TRC shouldnt flash though or should they if that was the case, Bazza?

it happened to me once, and i mean only once !!

exact same symptons

has never happened again

and to be honest i cant remember wether the lights came on or not :blush:

Cheers Raj but i already have one just in case this was to happen.

Owen: Did it happen again or just the once?

As Bazza has said it only happened once to him. I havent had it happen again yet (fingers crossed).

Cheers Raj but i already have one just in case this was to happen.

Owen: Did it happen again or just the once?

As Bazza has said it only happened once to him. I havent had it happen again yet (fingers crossed).

It happened again a few weeks later. I reckon it was something to do with the chip inside the protective block breaking down and failing due to heat. On both occassions it was a hot day and the bonnet was up. Rang TTE and they told me that the chip inside the block can become compromised overtime due to heat. Since I've swapped out the Piggy back ECU I've had no issues!

Owen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
If it is the TTE sub ecu Pip, you are better off replacing it with the HKS equivalent which is much cheaper and better quality (sometimes it is possible to get a free replacement from TTE but they aren't great quality TBH)

mark would this be an hks fcd ?

If it is the TTE sub ecu Pip, you are better off replacing it with the HKS equivalent which is much cheaper and better quality (sometimes it is possible to get a free replacement from TTE but they aren't great quality TBH)

Im not Mark, but yes Bazza :winky:

cheers gord

is it the standard fcd or the k3 type ?

As far as i know its standard fcd, 4 wires same as your TTE black box, Lee iceman is using one on his car. :D about £110 new

would you know what setting it gets set at ?

and is there a wiring diagram for the tte ecu ?

cheers gord

As far as i know its standard fcd, 4 wires same as your TTE black box, Lee iceman is using one on his car. :D about £110 new

Lee set his up by himself, by just driving it, you could ask lee what his is set to.

If you need TTE wiring diagram ? in have one.

cheers gord

Lee set his up by himself, by just driving it, you could ask lee what his is set to.

i will drop Lee a pm ...cheers

diagram would be nice ........cheers

cheers gord

i will drop Lee a pm ...cheers

diagram would be nice ........cheers

Will sort that for you tomorrow Bazza :winky:

Yes Barrie. They are £85 plus vat and are in stock (with wiring info).

The adjustment does affect the a/f ratio so be careful what you do with it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links