Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Track Attack 2007

johnboy

Sorry...There will not be any 1/4 mile this year. We took a loss on that last last time. Its just way too expensive and not enough people interested.

Bah!

Why not try selling the 1/4 mile in advance? I'm sure that there are plenty of the horsepower jockys who are more interested in the drag strip than the track. :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry...There will not be any 1/4 mile this year. We took a loss on that last last time. Its just way too expensive and not enough people interested.

Bah!

Why not try selling the 1/4 mile in advance? I'm sure that there are plenty of the horsepower jockys who are more interested in the drag strip than the track. :D

the 1/4 mile at santa pod is available almost every other weekend

could allways organise a meet on a normal day without the crowds on a event day

Bah!

thats whtat we did.

Sounds like a cue for another meet :) will look into it, see what can be arranged.

Bah!

That sounds good to me :whistling: Dont have it to soon next year, need time to get me car done :shifty: :winky:

Bah!

That sounds good to me :whistling: Dont have it to soon next year, need time to get me car done :shifty: :winky:

if it can be arranged, will try for summer time, so its a bit warmer :)

Will the track day be opento the Mk4 Supra club again too :question:

I'm definately up for a Santa Pod outing.. Maybe around easter time? The sun should be around by then and it wont be too hot for the cars either.

Will the track day be opento the Mk4 Supra club again too :question:

I'm definately up for a Santa Pod outing.. Maybe around easter time? The sun should be around by then and it wont be too hot for the cars either.

Hi adie, sorry for not getting back to you, i dont have a problem with the supras being there, if it helps to get the numbers up.

This event hasnt been booked yet, but we are just getting some feedback from you all on this.

Hopefully we can guarentee to fill the spaces, so we can book it.

re santa pod, i will be getting in touch with them, to see what i can arrange for us, will let you all know, when i know

John

• 2 weeks later...

Only thing is I don't really fancy the sprint format, think there may be a lot of waiting about in a queue to get your next run.

Anyone done a track day in this format before?

I've done sprint days down at Haynes MM before with mates

12 of us was running

each having 2 x 10 mins practice sessions and 2 sprint races

so would say we only got about 25 mins on the track in total

I think we was probably there for about 5 hours with an hour for lunch

so there was about 4 hours track time

there a good laugh but can be a lot of standing about if there's lots of you running (but we are normally a bit disorganized)

good chance to hop into the passengers seat of other peoples cars a have a ride round

;) this sprint idea doesnt appear to be too popular , i must agree that i would prefer to see as many people on the track together

perhaps a few more suggestions can be made before john goes too far :unsure:

i wasnt sure if the sprint would be that popular. :question:

i havent agreed anything with the organisors yet, but thanks for the concern Barrie :D

Will start having another look around in the new year to see what else is about, will keep you all posted :D

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay on this, but i am looking at an alternative,which hopefully is more suitable for everyone, i will let you all know as soon as i have some more news.

Which should be very soon :D

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the delay on this, but i am looking at an alternative,which hopefully is more suitable for everyone, i will let you all know as soon as i have some more news.

how soon is soon :D

should know something this week :D

• 2 months later...

:whistling: any news yet

• 2 weeks later...

:whistling: any news yet

Sorry for the delay in this, but i have been having trouble finding a suitable alternative to Brunters, as well as the fact that all the other car clubs are having the same problem, everyone is after the same venues.

It does look like i have found somewhere suitable, and it looks like it will be sept/oct time this year, if it all goes well, i can get us in for early next year as well.

My only concern is, due to the lack of interest in other meets this year, do the members still want this meet ?

Sorry for the delay in this, but i have been having trouble finding a suitable alternative to Brunters, as well as the fact that all the other car clubs are having the same problem, everyone is after the same venues.

It does look like i have found somewhere suitable, and it looks like it will be sept/oct time this year, if it all goes well, i can get us in for early next year as well.

My only concern is, due to the lack of interest in other meets this year, do the members still want this meet ?

I would have thought so John, its always been a very popular day & from what Kimi is saying TOC would definately cover any deficit in numbers :)

I would be up for the track day, depending where it is. I wasn't too keen on the idea that there was one car on track at a time and on a little narrow track too.

The venue i have been trying to secure for us is near to Ipswich, and will give us the same sort of set up as we had at Brunters, i think there will also be an area for drifting too, but im not sure about about 1/4 mile runs, but will find out.

I didnt think the sprint circuit we were offered before would be very popular, so i started looking else where.

Hope this is more to everyones liking, i have been in contact with TOC too, just trying to finalise a date for us all.

John

I should be up for this depending on when and as long as i can get over.

I know what you mean about the interest in meets but there are a few people trying to organise regular meets (myself included) and hopefully we can build up the support for meets.

I know that you yourself Johnboy are the meets organiser and are always arranging meets so hopefully we can get more and more people interested between us.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk