Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ok, Ok, I was a few k past my 50k service so thought I'd give my local garage a try since they're, er, well, local.

Drop the wagon off, got a call late afternoon, collected the car in the evening, all washed and washed to my surprise, and paid for it next day. So full marks for customer service.

Total wasn't bad so I didn't really look at the invoice before I paid it :withstupid:

Conversation was roughly:

Me: I see you've reset the engine warning light. What was wrong?

Then: Oh all sorts of codes but sorted now

Me: Yep, faulty oxygen sensor

Them: could be anything

Me: Well Lexus told me it was an oxygen sensor

Them: Well if it comes back on we'll replace it

Me: It or them? There are four

When I read the invoice a few days later, here's what it said:

TO CARRY OUT A SMALL INTERMEDIATE SERVICE, AS

RECOMMENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER, FITTING PARTS AS

LISTED AND ROAD TEST 45.00

PARTS

ENGINE OIL 26.00

OIL FILTER ADT32108 5.75

S/WASH & A/FREEZE 5.50

HOT WASH & WASH 4.26

ENGINE FLUSH 8.50

ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH/SUNDRIES 2.50

TO CARRY OUT MOT TEST 50.00

Service sounds cheap, oil :tsktsk: , screen wash and antifreeze ok but I've learnt, wash and wax ... and I thought it was a freebie.

Now have I just been fleased by the village idiot, did I get a bargin, or did he see a "rich fella in a posh car" and decided to try his luck?

Oh, and the engine lights back on and I've been reading the O2 sensor thread with thoughts of "I'll have a bash at that ... if I can work out how to get the beast on a ramp to get at the sensor on the cat without dismantling the exhaust"

sounds like you had an oil change, and they cleared the obdii codes. do you know which of the four sensors the code referred to?

it may be that the sensor needs cleaning not replacement. i had three error codes, two got cleared, but the o2 sensor one did not clear at all, indicating it was needing immediate replacement.

Service would've been about thirty quid cheaper at Lexus Hanley, but would've cost you double that in fuel. Still, £316 at Lexus Edinburgh, so looks like a bargain.

Service would've been about thirty quid cheaper at Lexus Hanley

What, Lexus Hanley do a service for fifteen quid??!!

I totalled the parts+servicing to be £97.51, same job at Hanley cost me just over £68.

ok here goes check out my experience with LEXUS MILTON KEYNES

i called lexus mk and said my car needs a 107k miles b service they told me cost is £230 i said fine

and booked my car in. (when i refer to lexus milton keynes i will say lmk to speed things up).

when i got to lmk i realised it was actually an a service my car needed not b as i thought so i told

lmk to do me an a service and what would the cost be? lmk said the cost for a small a service is the same

as b service. i was a little concerned but i said that if the cost is the same then u might as well just do the b service ( i could tell from his actions that he was not happy with that but he reluctantly agreed)

anyways check this out guess what i got for my b service

engine oil

enviromental charge

screenwash

gskt drain plug

oil filter

lens lamp

lubricate my doors and bonnet ( i never requested this)

TOTAL COST £244.80

I went through some old invoices they guy i bought car off gave me and saw that he had an A service done last year which included other pollen filters and the total service cost him £150+vat by lexus coventry.

today i got a courtesy call from lexus gb who asked if i was happy with the service i recieved, i told them i was not happy and explained everything. shesaid dont worry lmk will 100% call u today with an explanation as they value their customers ( the call never came).

the staff were all polite at lmk they all seemed very nice and pleasent and gave coffee and bisciuts etc etc but i dont like the fact that i feel i bin cheated.

i have not read through this post so im sorry if there are any mistakes

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links