Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Moving From Fto To An Altezza!

ElRazur

Hello guys this is my first thread here and hopefully loads more to come! :D

I currently have a Mitsubi**** fto and im looking to sell it and get an Altezza. I have done a few reading on the forum here and i am not exactly new to the import scene but any advice will do. I originally have my mind on a 5 dr Honda HRV but im starting to love the RS more and more.

Now this bring me to the second part of my thread - Plenty of questions! lol.

What are the running costs on Altezza? (insurance, part etc)

In terms of registration, which year (or engine number type) should i get (for model report purposes)

How practical is this car? (I have two kids)

Is there any thing i should be aware of when buying one from japan etc?

Thanks in advance for your advice and help.

make sure the grade is good( 4- 4.5 ) the suspension is good . there very good cars think of the is200 its basicly the same shape . have to say most altezza owners have family's ( well ones that i know ) and were all happy with are cars

enjoy im sure somone will be around with your other questions

and make sure the raido works . ive 3 broken raido's from altezza's

Welcome to the forum (from a fellow newbie to this forum)

The Altezza RS200s dont have 'sports' and 'prestige' levels do they IanF?

Im just aware of the normal RS200s, RS200Zs and RS200Ls.

They are very practical cars, being 4 door makes it so convienent, and huge boot for all your prams (or thumping audio gear :P )

RS200s come with a '3SGE' engine which is about 210bhp stock, so no mods are required to make it run well hehe.

Not sure about UK, but insurance here wasn't bad for me (being 19...)

Its a pick of the gems I tell you :P , I sold a 2002 318ti for a 1998 RS200Z, and have not looked back since :D .

Things to be aware of? The radio lol, and the manual box, its very noisy (with an idle chatter, and a 3000rpm rumble).

Anyways, hope you get one, and welcome to the forums again.

Nick

Thanks guys! Anyone can shed light on model reports available for RS200 please? I also noticed that there is a AS200 model. It is apparently same as an RS but a different engine?

The AS200 is the JDM version of the Lexus IS200.......2.0L staight-six 1G-FE engine

Like Mr Morse says the AS is the same as the IS200.

If you plan on importing a manual RS be wary as the ECU changed at some point, I believe in early 2000 so the model report available for before then is no good for a newer car. IIRC the ECU changed again and there is a model report available for later model RS's. If you look on model reports you can get the two ECU part numbers that will get through. That is why the vast majotity, if not all RS's on the UK are pre 2000 registered.

IanF who posted earlier got stuffed by this and lost a lot of cash buying through Altezza Sports and Prestige, hence only pay when the car is registered in the UK.

Long thread on it somewhere.

Oh and welcome to LOC

The AS200 is the JDM version of the Lexus IS200.......2.0L staight-six 1G-FE engine

Please pardon my noobishness but if As200 is the equivalent of IS200 what is the equivalent of the RS and what are the main difference between the RS and AS - just a different engine then?

There isnt another equivalent of the RS, the differences are the following:

RS auto is 5speed tiptronic, AS is 4speed auto.

RS is slightly lower than the AS.

RS handles better around corners.

RS revs higher, but isn't as smooth as the AS around town.

Apart from that, they are the same, they both have the same options, so depending on which one you buy, you could get all the optional extras or not :P

Apart from that, they are the same, they both have the same options, so depending on which one you buy, you could get all the optional extras or not :P

RS200 = 216bhp :D

AS200 = 153bhp :crybaby:

manual 210bhp when run on 100 ron petrol

Tiptronic 200bhp " " " " " "

manual 210bhp when run on 100 ron petrol

Tiptronic 200bhp " " " " " "

ssssshhhhh!!!

So what of miles per gallon am i looking at on the RS and AS please?

only have my RS200 a week or so, did my first mpg calculation last night after a fill up: 20mpg on a mixture of back roads, city, and late night 'spirited' motorway driving. on crappy 95 octane petrol

How does that stand up? filled with Shell V Power last night will see if that makes a difference.

Whatever just buy one, its a small price to pay for such a cracking car! :)

only have my RS200 a week or so, did my first mpg calculation last night after a fill up: 20mpg on a mixture of back roads, city, and late night 'spirited' motorway driving. on crappy 95 octane petrol

How does that stand up? filled with Shell V Power last night will see if that makes a difference.

If your changing between standard unleaded and v- power make sure you reset the ecu, it helps the ecu adjust to thge different fuel quicker. i get about an extra 50 km from a tank of vpower

If your changing between standard unleaded and v- power make sure you reset the ecu, it helps the ecu adjust to thge different fuel quicker. i get about an extra 50 km from a tank of vpower

How do i do that? Pull a fuse or disconnect the Battery?

i think hes looking for a site to buy some altezza's . ibc dont sell parts

QUOTE(ElRazur @ Dec 19 2006, 10:02 PM)

Thanks guys. Any known japanese website that i can buy directly from? Im currently looking at IBC Japan but more option will RS instead.

have a look here

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links