Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlights Should I ?

ice

just had the 60,000 mile service on the motor including cam belt, so thinking of keeping it for a while because the mileage is still low only 34,000, still drives like new.

just been searching and found a few of you have got these hid kits on your cars, seems like a good mod as i never really have been too impessed with the standard headlights.

after being in some other cars with xenon/hid lights they really seem to light the road up well. i see most of you have been using the pro lex kit, the price seems to be fair.

does this kit produce the same kind of lighting as i have experienced in other cars?

are the 6500k bulbs the best option, as i only want them to light up the road better?

thanks

just gone and ordered the pro lex 6500k hid kit cant wait to get it !

managed to persuade the mrs by telling her about the safety aspects , thats my xmas present sorted.

thanks for the reply eightysix but gonna stick with buying from pro lex , as he is uk based.

If all you're worried about is light on the road, you'll be best off getting the 4300K lights as they have the highest light output (and is what most manufacturers use in their OEM lights)

However, the 6500K will be the best compromise between light output and aesthetics :winky:

Bit off-topic, but which 'kelvar' rating offers the bluest light? Not to fussed with visibility as NewZealand has lights EVERYWHERE, and if there are none, its only country roads which we would use the highbeams anyway.

I currently have 7000k Xenon bulbs but they are more white than blue... Im looking for the full blue light.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Bit off-topic, but which 'kelvar' rating offers the bluest light? Not to fussed with visibility as NewZealand has lights EVERYWHERE, and if there are none, its only country roads which we would use the highbeams anyway.

I currently have 7000k Xenon bulbs but they are more white than blue... Im looking for the full blue light.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

In your case you're probably best off with 8300K, that's what I have on mine and its quite blue - anything higher and I think you'll be pushing into purple. It still actually has a very good light output (far better than standard bulbs) so you're not compromising much :winky:

Not the best picture, but gives you an idea of the colour

122594716.jpg

gonna stick with 6500k as you say.

is it worth changing sidelight bulbs aswell?

cheers

Yep you definitely wanna change them to white LEDs, or they stand out quite badly as a very clear yellow (as mine do as I keep missing the LED group buys :duh: )

Will probably just buy the PIAA ones at some point :)

check out www ultraleds.co.uk, not sure which ones i need so many 501 bulbs on there.

Yeah, I had a look earlier, not sure on the wattages, or are all 501 bulbs the same wattage? I wanted to replace my Internal light, map light and boot light, as they are pretty poor on the light output front.

When I ordered some replacement halogens last week, I was given a free set of Extreme White Xenon Sidelights. They do give out a whiter light, but not as good as LEDs.

Are the internal lights all 501s?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links