Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Ireland

nicnac

Just to let any Irish MM IS drivers that I got the new disc and it covers the Whole of Ireland.I have checked around all the small roads in the border area and it has thusfar been 100% accurate!!!. :D....Oh and NO rattles either!!

Just to let any Irish MM IS drivers that I got the new disc and it covers the Whole of Ireland.I have checked around all the small roads in the border area and it has thusfar been 100% accurate!!!. :D....Oh and NO rattles either!!

Great news Nicnac. No rattles here either, and, lets be fair, on roads like we have here, there almost should be rattles.

Maybe they give the ones coming here an extra turn of the spanner as they know what lies in front of them. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi NICNAC,

My first entry - I just got the new 2006/2007 disc but cannot get it installed in my 2006 IS220D SEL MM. One lexus dealer said he needed to rip out the boot lining and do 2 hours work - nuts :o . I tried popping the hazard light panel in the centre console (as per the manual instructions) but could not get it off to change the disk - without wrecking it. Can I ask who installed your disk or did you do it yourself. If the latter did you have trouble. Thanks in advance. Leprechaun.

Hi NICNAC,

My first entry - I just got the new 2006/2007 disc but cannot get it installed in my 2006 IS220D SEL MM. One lexus dealer said he needed to rip out the boot lining and do 2 hours work - nuts :o . I tried popping the hazard light panel in the centre console (as per the manual instructions) but could not get it off to change the disk - without wrecking it. Can I ask who installed your disk or did you do it yourself. If the latter did you have trouble. Thanks in advance. Leprechaun.

I tried to take mine off and couldn't either - the dealer has a special tool that removes the clock panel - I'm sure it's to stop people copying them.

Why oh why does the garage need to get into the boot? Everything as far as I know is in the dash! Maybe he's looking for his brain? Or may be he's looking for my brain?! :tomato:

Hi NICNAC,

My *** it makes you worry when you hear stuff like that. I doubt you would want to bring you car in there if it had something wrong or even for a service.

"New wiper fluid sir. We need to put that in through the glove box. Will have to remove the dash. 3 days"

Which dealer told you that. Don't be afraid to name and shame. We need this type of information.

@leprechaun,

I replaced it myself.The clock panel does come out with the tools in the spine of the toolkit....yes its fiddley.....if you want I can email you a pic of the clock module clips as you can see better when its out

• 2 weeks later...
@leprechaun,

I replaced it myself.The clock panel does come out with the tools in the spine of the toolkit....yes its fiddley.....if you want I can email you a pic of the clock module clips as you can see better when its out

Thanks NICNAC - I've tried it twice now using those tools - still no success. The mechanic who wanted to strip my boot was in Denis Mahony in Kilbarrick, Dublin - I agree he might have been thinking about the previous model even though I repeatedly told him mine was the latest. I don't think they sold too many MM systems here in Ireland so the knowledge base is a bit thin - I had to import my car. There is a service dealer in Rathgar Dublin , Murphy & Gunne, and the guy knows what I'm talking about so at this stage I'm committed to going in to him to get this done. They are aware of the special tool (with suckers on) but don't actually have one - naturally. Anyway I hope to get sorted during this week and I look forward to seeing the vast improvement in the coverage of our bumpy Irish roads. I forgot to mention that the dealer I bought the car off in London wanted £600 sterling (I kid you not) just to supply the latest DVD. Thanks to this forum I got mine in double quick time from the map-updates website http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ for €159 - serious saving.

Thanks to ye all for your replies - I'll post again after my visit to Rathgar.

From Leprechaun :sick:

@leprechaun,

Thanks NICNAC - I've tried it twice now using those tools - still no success. The mechanic who wanted to strip my boot was in Denis Mahony in Kilbarrick, Dublin - I agree he might have been thinking about the previous model even though I repeatedly told him mine was the latest. I don't think they sold too many MM systems here in Ireland so the knowledge base is a bit thin - I had to import my car. There is a service dealer in Rathgar Dublin , Murphy & Gunne, and the guy knows what I'm talking about so at this stage I'm committed to going in to him to get this done. They are aware of the special tool (with suckers on) but don't actually have one - naturally. Anyway I hope to get sorted during this week and I look forward to seeing the vast improvement in the coverage of our bumpy Irish roads. I forgot to mention that the dealer I bought the car off in London wanted £600 sterling (I kid you not) just to supply the latest DVD. Thanks to this forum I got mine in double quick time from the map-updates website http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ for €159 - serious saving.

You can check on www.navteq.com always to see if there are updates for your car. They now have 100% mapping of Ireland. I actually thought that Lexus used TeleAtlas for theirs because last time I looked the maps were realy bad. However this latest disk from Lexus has the new Navteq maps.

@leprechaun,

Hi Leprechaun, can I ask how much you saved, by importing it?

Many Thanks

@leprechaun,

Hi Leprechaun, can I ask how much you saved, by importing it?

Many Thanks

Hi Meister.

Hard to know exactly how much I saved as I haven't seen the equivalent car for sale down south but I reckon between 2000 and 4000 based on what the dealers here were looking for 2006 IS220D Executives in January. My car (Exec + Premium + Multimedia + Metallic) would cost about 59,500 new. I reckon its worth it. Any of you guys import??? :question:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links