Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It Feels Like Being punched !

Thats what someone said to me, (not that i would know, ofcourse !!) but someone smashed into the back of my IS250 on the motorway at what felt was a high speed !!

The entire back end of the car is pretty much ruined, the boot is twisted - so it doesn't open close properly, the left exhaust is broken, broken tail light and the rear has pretty much come off its hinges on both sides. Needless to say that i was pretty stunned but fortunately no one was injured.

The idiot driver who caused the accident, his car didn't fair too well either, infact it was pretty much a write off. He only had a Fiat Punto !! which explains why he didn't seem too upset and p!ssed me off even more !!

So my car, only 5 months old is in the garage. Lexus, here in Glasgow dont have a body shop so i took it a Garage which they recommended and is an Approved Lexus Body Shop. Apparantly all new parts are required - new bumper, exhaust, lights etc. Handed the car yesterday and with it being the holiday period, wont get it now until well into the new year. People have been saying that the car will never be the same again, which is worrying me!! I hope that getting the new parts etc the car will be repaired to what it was, which is still very new !!

Anyway, i have an 06 Merc C220 CDI to have fun with so will test it out fully while my car is in for repair!

I had a similar thing recently, where someone crashed into the offside front of my 12 month old IS250. Basically, a pillock who wanted to turn left at a roundabout from the righthand lane when I was going straight on!

£3500 of damage including the replacement of the entire offside front suspension and steering arms. It took 7 days and it has been returned in perfect condition. In fact, I would even say that it drives slightly better than before the accident.

So as long as it is Lexus aproved you should have no trouble. They are perfectionists.

That's a real shame, just make sure you check everything very carefully before accepting the car after repair. I had some damage fixed on mine from an approved (by the insurers not Lexus) bodyshop and they did a fantastic job so not all are bad.

I think the post title is ridiculous however, quote or not. If it's possible to change this (mods?) I think it is offensive and even in jest, I can't see how it's funny or even related to a car being hit. :blink:

title altered :)

:crybaby: Sickening isn't it, especially when it's some other ******'s fault, then to make it worse they've got a crappy little car thats not worth a carrot!

Yours will be fine, Lexus body shop is fantastic, when you get it back no one will know the difference, you wont be able to tell yourself really, it's just that you'll know its happened and it'll be niggling at you, so you'll be looking for it to feel and look different. Just try and forget about it when you've got it back and enjoy it-don't forget the whiplash claim either!! :D

Thats what someone said to me, (not that i would know, ofcourse !!) but someone smashed into the back of my IS250 on the motorway at what felt was a high speed !!

The entire back end of the car is pretty much ruined, the boot is twisted - so it doesn't open close properly, the left exhaust is broken, broken tail light and the rear has pretty much come off its hinges on both sides. Needless to say that i was pretty stunned but fortunately no one was injured.

The idiot driver who caused the accident, his car didn't fair too well either, infact it was pretty much a write off. He only had a Fiat Punto !! which explains why he didn't seem too upset and p!ssed me off even more !!

So my car, only 5 months old is in the garage. Lexus, here in Glasgow dont have a body shop so i took it a Garage which they recommended and is an Approved Lexus Body Shop. Apparantly all new parts are required - new bumper, exhaust, lights etc. Handed the car yesterday and with it being the holiday period, wont get it now until well into the new year. People have been saying that the car will never be the same again, which is worrying me!! I hope that getting the new parts etc the car will be repaired to what it was, which is still very new !!

Anyway, i have an 06 Merc C220 CDI to have fun with so will test it out fully while my car is in for repair!

To be honest, in my view, yes you most likely will get the car back in good working order and because it is so new the colours should match well on the new parts.

However, remember that your car will never be worth as much when you go to sell it as it would have been if it was not crashed. The only way to sort this is to bring a civil case against the guy for the loss in value because I don't think yours or his insurance company will do anything other then pay to get the car right.

However, remember that your car will never be worth as much when you go to sell it as it would have been if it was not crashed.

I thought that only applied to written off and consequently re-repaired cars...???

Normally when you PEX, they only ask you if has been written off...and it's "recorded" only if a particular "cat", so HPI etc would know. I thought any crash where it's been repaired does not appear anywhere...

Anyone know?

In the meantime - hassan - I feel it for you!! I am scared stiff at getting a ding on the door, let alone a rearender!!

Like you say - it's the pi11ocks who drive bangers recklessly who increase the insurance burden on the rest of us who drive the slightly more expensive ones...and wreck our cars and still smile....

Good luck, and let us know how you get on (and what you think of the Tractor C220CDI).

I found out exactly how that feels when I got rear ended at 40mph a few years ago - sounds like the damage is almost identical to what happened to mine (my entire rear end was replaced)

I was worried that that much bodywork would mean the car would never be the same but the guys at Lexus Woodford did a fantastic job - the rear doors and boot open and close as when they were new, there's no extra wind noise, and everything lines up perfectly.

As long as you're at a Lexus bodyshop, have faith your car will come out looking as good as new :winky:

I don't think there'll be any problems with value, I've not tried to sell mine but I have had p/ex values from a few dealers and it doesn't seem to make any difference because its been proprely repaired (this is also including the fact that my car has also been stolen and recovered)

Thanks for the support guys !!

Sorry if the title offended anyone, i was still very annoyed !!

Still feel gutted but i guess sh!t happens !!

Jamboo, good to hear that things are turning out well for you.

It feels strange having to use a key for Merc, being so used to the "keyless" Lexus.

I'll keep you posted with mpg if your interested, see how it compares to the 220D.

Oh, almost forgot, when i handed the car in for repair i noticed that there was a big scratch down the passenger side door, which unfortunately was not due to the accident!! It looks like somone had keyed it !

I'm an optimistic person, so hopefully things can only get better !!

Thanks again for the support

i got run into the back of 7th dec 06 whilst parked at the lights by a morrisons hgv,i was in my old is 200 and luckily only suffered whip lash and bruises.i was insured with lexus who i have to say are brilliant i had a brand new is 250 delivered to my door and my old one taken for repair they sorted out solicitors ect and my car was taken to lexus for repair.

i p/x my car with lexus and didnt get less for it because it had been in an accident, i had a few minor problems with the repairs but they were sorted out

Oh, almost forgot, when i handed the car in for repair i noticed that there was a big scratch down the passenger side door, which unfortunately was not due to the accident!! It looks like somone had keyed it !

I'm sure a nice word in the repair guys ear will get that sorted at the same time, I had two bits of damage on mine but as they were from different events the insurers wanted double excess (not that I was fussed as it was out of the company cash not mine luckily :blush: ). Had a chat with the body shop manager and he did both under the same claim as the info was sent to the insurers by mail with digi photos so didn't have much explaining to do why when the rear o/s window was smashed it scratched the rear n/s bumper - he even managed to get me a new set of valve caps from Lexus at the same time as some little scrote had nicked these for a second time! :D

Well, after my post above, I nipped out to run and errand....and....I'd spoken too soon :o !

Kerbed the NSF alloy when parking. I swore a bit... :crybaby:

Boy am I angry :tsktsk: . First tarnish on my pride and joy...done well so far tho', 9 months+ and first bit of damage...

Been thinking about getting it refurb'd, but I can't be bothered...

:lol::lol: Anyone got a front SE alloy which is undamaged and for sale???

ha55anx.

Hey buddy, I really feel for you, and it is sooooo much worse when it isn't your fault.

I would suggest that as it isn't a Lexus body shop (only an approved one), that maybe you take it straight to Lexus garage after you pick it up and get them to do a once over on it. After all, it's under warrenty and you want to make sure they are ok with the repairs and warrenty maintained.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links