Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replaceing Altezza Head Unit (again......sorry!)

Hey guys,

I know this has been up sooooo many times before, but i need some help/advice.

Have had my altezza for about 10 months now and have been waiting for the the standard head unit to die on me like everyone else - and finally it has!!!

I have bought a new cd player, fascia adaptor and wiring harness (PC 9406 - hoping that's the right one!) but am completely useless when it comes to wiring!

I have looked at the guides already up on here, but being a blonde essex girl and living up to the stereotype i have no idea where to start!!!

Is there anywhere i can take it to get a professional to fit it for me?

Also, do i need anything else to sort this - i have seen a few people have replaced rear speakers and things, but is that vital?

I live in essex but willing to travel and pay whatever to get this done cos is driving me nuts not having music!!!

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

C.

Hey guys,

I know this has been up sooooo many times before, but i need some help/advice.

Have had my altezza for about 10 months now and have been waiting for the the standard head unit to die on me like everyone else - and finally it has!!!

I have bought a new cd player, fascia adaptor and wiring harness (PC 9406 - hoping that's the right one!) but am completely useless when it comes to wiring!

I have looked at the guides already up on here, but being a blonde essex girl and living up to the stereotype i have no idea where to start!!!

Is there anywhere i can take it to get a professional to fit it for me?

Also, do i need anything else to sort this - i have seen a few people have replaced rear speakers and things, but is that vital?

I live in essex but willing to travel and pay whatever to get this done cos is driving me nuts not having music!!!

Any help is much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

C.

What model is your car? Do you know if you have an external amp behind your glove box? Any audio place should fit it for you, once you have the non amplified model. If you have the one with external amp im not sure if they will do it, because there is no wiring harness you can buy for it easily. Only one is on eBay and its 100 Euro.

Its a '99 plate (V reg) RS 200 (SXE10).

I had a look on another site and it said that if you have the super live sound system then you have an external amp - if thats right then yeah i have an external amp. I know i am being REALLY thick but is there anyway i can check this??? :unsure:

Its a '99 plate (V reg) RS 200 (SXE10).

I had a look on another site and it said that if you have the super live sound system then you have an external amp - if thats right then yeah i have an external amp. I know i am being REALLY thick but is there anyway i can check this??? :unsure:

Yep if you open ur glove box, and squeeze in both sides so it drops down to the floor, if you look to your left you should see a small amp. It should be black with a silver heatsink cap on it, If you have this, the easiest way then to add your new head unit is to by the wiring harness off eBay

Excellent.

Thanks for all your help guys, and for describing what the amp behind the glove box looks like cos i had no idea before!!!!

Gerbo - thanks for the link to the part, have just ordered mine also :)

Hopefully i'll have my tezza playing its cheesy pop sometime soon!!! Lol.

C.

Excellent.

Thanks for all your help guys, and for describing what the amp behind the glove box looks like cos i had no idea before!!!!

Gerbo - thanks for the link to the part, have just ordered mine also :)

Hopefully i'll have my tezza playing its cheesy pop sometime soon!!! Lol.

C.

remember if you hook everything up and your rear speakers sound weird, this is because they were only designed to work with the factory headunit. You may need to stick new speakers in the rear which is a big enough job. You need to take out all the back seats and rear parcel shelf to get to them

• 3 weeks later...

so...to get to the amp..and attach the bypass lead, you only need to squeeze the glove box sides to release it?....is that really all it takes?

No, its not really all it takes....Its a pain in the a**e to get the lead out of the AMP. You have to almost remove the AMP.

Give it a go!!

so...to get to the amp..and attach the bypass lead, you only need to squeeze the glove box sides to release it?....is that really all it takes?

No, its not really all it takes....Its a pain in the a**e to get the lead out of the AMP. You have to almost remove the AMP.

Give it a go!!

Ye its so much easier if you remove the amp. Sure why leave the amp there once its bypassed? Just extra weight in the car!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links