Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goin To Go For It!

Looking good Jay :D

Its to dark to really get an idea of how mine is set up....will check soon as I get chance.

Makes a big difference to the car though don't it Jay?

yeh it makes a real difference, makes all the saving and stress worth while!!

it should move nearly all the time so something might not be right at the other end - ill get a pic for you of mine.

oh on your question about the air temp sensor - you will need to extend the wires of the original sensor and make a circular hole in the induction tube. I made the hole large enough to fit the rubber grommet that is on the TTE airbox and then put the sensor in the grommet.

yeh i used the one off my standard air box and it fits fine, was a bit tight but got we got it in the end!

pic0076kh6.jpg

jay

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a thought but where can i find a new belt for my s/c as my one was a tad worn?

Had a look at prolex but for some reason i couldn't find it, could've swore i'd seen it there before...

any ideas?

cheers

jay

Dave used to keep these in stock, the Prolex store is being repopulated due to events over the Christmas holiday in which it was hacked and all items removed...

Probably worth dropping him a message.

There was actually a post somewhere of exactly what size belt you need from the motor factors, tried a few round here and couldn't find the exact size though?

just a thought but where can i find a new belt for my s/c as my one was a tad worn?

Had a look at prolex but for some reason i couldn't find it, could've swore i'd seen it there before...

any ideas?

cheers

jay

Again, i'll check tomoz fella

Well guys all was goin so well, was out for a spin to the shops (opposite side of town of course lol) and the check enginge light came up and at the same time the trc light started to flash, pulled over turned the car off for 5 mins then tried it again, still there! carefully drove home and goin to let the car sleep on it.

Any ideas what this could mean? Consulted the manual but it just says take to a lexus dealer which = money money!

Any ideas fella's

jay

Guessing maybe the black ECU has failed there mate? Might be worth checking the connections, and if all else fails get on to TTE to send you a new one out!

Guess just also make sure that the bypass spring is working as you'd expect?

Mine once played up and had to get a new one sent out from TTE, Chris Shipley fitted that one for me I think?

Guessing maybe the black ECU has failed there mate? Might be worth checking the connections, and if all else fails get on to TTE to send you a new one out!

Guess just also make sure that the bypass spring is working as you'd expect?

Mine once played up and had to get a new one sent out from TTE, Chris Shipley fitted that one for me I think?

Yeh will check out connections in the moring!!

Any do i just contact TTE direct for a new ecu or do i have to contact a supplier, i didn't buy if from new wich may prove to be a problem!

cheers

jay

I don't have the email address I used to contact as it was a long time ago, but try sales.order2@toyota-f1.com and see what they say, think it's Gerald or another fella who sorts them out?

cheers mate, just sent an email explaining my situation, will have to check it out properly tomorrow, bit weird that the trc light is flashing as well but will have a good look tomorrow when there is some light.

Knew it was too good to be true :(

jay

hopefullly they will get back to me tomorrow about it, im praying its just a loose connection, will rip out the ecu and re-wire it tomorrow.

just a thought but would it have anyting to do with the sensor i had to extend or perhaps blowen a fuse on the throttle by running it whilst the cable was too tight before i tightened it?

i need my car for next week as i have a family funeral to attend which consists of a 250 mile drive :(

jay

yeh the one to the butterfly vavle part, not sure whats up with it, away to head out and check it out, been rainin out side which is puttin me off a bit lol

will keep yaz updated on my progress!

jay

just got back from fixin the ecu etc, seems to have fixed it! Took it all out and soldered it all in properly this time and all lights have gone off!

gettin it plugged into a diagnostic machine at my mates garage to check everythings alright, seems to have generated so much interest at his wor im gettin it done for free lol! Also got a reply from TTE and gettin another piggyback ecu from them free of charge so will hold onto that for the future.

Cheers for all the help guys!

cheers

jay

just got back from fixin the ecu etc, seems to have fixed it! Took it all out and soldered it all in properly this time and all lights have gone off!

gettin it plugged into a diagnostic machine at my mates garage to check everythings alright, seems to have generated so much interest at his wor im gettin it done for free lol! Also got a reply from TTE and gettin another piggyback ecu from them free of charge so will hold onto that for the future.

Cheers for all the help guys!

cheers

jay

nice one! the black ecus sometimes fail without warning - always good to have a spare. The supercharger bypass cable that connects to the throttle end - there are only a few threads on that and the nut needs to be fully tightened. The other end at the bypass valve the nuts thould be as far up the cable adjuster as possible - just as in the photo above

alright guys, tried to get it to the garage to get it looked at when the same thing happened again, accelerator fails and doesn't do f**k all, happaned rite in the middle of traffic as well which made things worse, got it up on to a kerb which didn't please my exhaust at all to say the least. At which point i snapped and after much swearing etc got out slammed the door and left it.

I know it seems a bit harsh but just been havin a stressfull day as it was and this was the icing on the cake!

any ideas what could be causing this (not my bad temper lol)

think i goit it fixed, again lol.

I think it was the cable for the charger that was sticking and not giving it room to moved so thus was annoying the accelerator and having lights pop up etc.

away to go appologise to the car by givin it a good wash etc. lol.

Same thing happened to me

here

I still carry a 10mm spanner in my jacket pocket anywhere i go :)

yeh seems to be the same problem, got it sorted now i think, went for a spin about town and over to another near by village and back giving it a good testing and it seems fine.

I also had a 10mm spanner in my pocket though lol.

Enjoying it so much so far, does fiarly drink the petrol but guess i'll just have to get used to it lol.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links