Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Phone Connection

I have just changed my phone to a Motorola KRZR z1 and cannot get the phone to connect automatically to the Navigator system, it's a real pain having to do it manually every time you start the engine.

Has anyone out there got the solution?

I have just changed my phone to a Motorola KRZR z1 and cannot get the phone to connect automatically to the Navigator system, it's a real pain having to do it manually every time you start the engine.

Has anyone out there got the solution?

I had the same problem yesterday when I switched from my old Nokia 6230i to a Sony Ericsson K800i CyberShot. I'm afraid to admit I had to get the instruction manual out of the glovebox, but it did the trick in getting the car to search for the phone after I changed the default PIN in the car to the one required by the phone.

The best thing of all was that the car recognises the complete Contact list on the SE K800i without having to download any numbers at all :D

The best thing of all was that the car recognises the complete Contact list on the SE K800i without having to download any numbers at all :D

Does this mean you could transfer all phonebook entries from your K800i in one go?

Also, does anyone use or know the purpose of the groups for the BT MM phone?

Does this mean you could transfer all phonebook entries from your K800i in one go?

Also, does anyone use or know the purpose of the groups for the BT MM phone?

all sony ericsson phones are the best to use with the " transfer phone book option " nokia's wont do it at all there is issue's with the software on the phone's/ units i use my sony w810i to tranfer customers phonebooks the the car for them

I had a Motorola E380 and it connected every time without any issues. I could only download one phonebook entry at a time.

I have changed (upgraded) to a Nokia N80 (all the latest bells and whistles) and after setting up the Bluetooth connection, connected ok. But I have fund that it doesn't always connect when I get in the car, and I think it maybe because the phone connects to my laptop while I am working and then when I go to get into the car, it still thinks it is connected to the laptop and hence won't connect to the car.

I simply go into the phone's Bluetooth settings and turn off and on and connects to the car, no problem. It also re-connects ok each time I stop and start the car after that, until I go back to my laptop and get a connection with it.

Also, I have found with the N80, that I was able to transfer all the address book to the car in one go.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I too have recently bought the Motokrzr K1, and set it up with my hands free kit for the first time this morning (navigator). Worked great, even gives me a Battery meter now!

However, every time I stop/start the engine, I have to go through the pairing exercise again - which is a complete pain! I've deleted the pairings several times, recreated them, even set different pairing codes... but I can't find a way of not having to go through this manual exercise.

I used to use a Motorazr phone, and this auto connected each time for me. I can't see why my Motokrzr won't auto connect.

Any ideas, anyone? Please!

Thanks,

Steve.

How have you set access for the car in your phone's bluetooth settings?

If you have access set as "automatic" it should pair everytime automatically :)

Yes, I have it set as "automatic". I have even set the pin on my car hands free kit to be "0000", so the same as the default pin of the phone now.

I have just spent 15mins or so playing, and still can't get it to auto connect.

The easiest way to get it to connect (which isn't that easy) is to choose in the car, Info, Phone, Settings, Bluetooth, Register, and then on the phone, choose Bluetooth, Audio Devices, and Select my car entry. It then connects without asking for any pairing code... just a shame it can't work out to do this itself ! I never had any trouble with the razr v3 !

There's gotta be an easier way... I don't want to go back to my razr v3 ! :)

Steve.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links