Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi thanks again to all regulars, I looked around for a fix for my cig lighters and discovered it's no more than a fuse, went under dash to sort it and found a dial, nothing written on it,

It's a lexus mk2 (93 K) if you look at the pedels there's a little light which comes on with door open, next to that there's a little dial, if you move it one way it will click other way just turn to a point and stops, any ideas ? will get photos soon, with thanks

From what you describe (i.e. it clicks one way and the other way it just comes to a stop), the nearest thing to that on my Mk4 is the dial to adjust the brightness of the dashboard and cluster lights.

If you could maybe post a pic that should hopefully shed some more light on it (excuse the bad joke :) )

Or do any other Mk2 owners know of anything similar ?

If it's near a light to indicate a door is open maybe it's something to do with an aftermarket alarm if it has one, and if it's not the control for the dash lights as already suggested?

If it was alarm related maybe it's a pot controlling sensitivity of the sensors or something?

Does it look standard or aftermarket?

If it's near a light to indicate a door is open maybe it's something to do with an aftermarket alarm if it has one, and if it's not the control for the dash lights as already suggested?

If it was alarm related maybe it's a pot controlling sensitivity of the sensors or something?

Does it look standard or aftermarket?

It's standard, looks like it should live there, I will get some pic's of it soon and let you all have a look, maybe an alarm thing but never heard of anything like that before, will look in booklet see if it mentions anything

Hi,

I can confirm that the control is for the bleep volume when you lock/unlock the car using the remote key fob.

Steve.

many thanks for the input, that's why I haven't found the resopn for it, my remote is currently faulty but hoping to rectify this soon

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links