Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Question For Pc Gurus

peter026

I have a flat screen monitor which is playing up on starting my PC. I have to keep pressing the on/off switch until the screen stays on, it's as if it keeps going into sleep mode.

Does anyone have a clue or a fix........Do I hit it with a hammer, bin it, or say sods law get a new one.

A fix would be better if there is one. Must say never had this problem with the old fashion type monitor.

Thanks in anticipation.

It's not the monitors fault.... it's waiting for a signal from the PC

how many inputs does the monitor have... ie DVI, D-sub, rgb etc ?

what is the output connector on the pc ( graphics card)..

in control panel what monitor is set as default, cvould be the pc is still looking for the old monitor...

give us more info

Could be as simple as the cable failed / pulled out of PC or monitor slightly/ Video card failing.

Make sure all the plugs are well in before doing anything else, if thats no better, open the PC and reseat the video card.

Once the monitor is warmed up, it is all OK, graphics and video as well.

There are only two leads, one power lead, and the other to the PC.

The monitor came with the PC when purchased late 2005. and is a plug and play.

It could be the graphics card in the PC, the cable between the PC and the monitor or the monitor itself.

The easy way to rule out the PC would be to take the monitor to someone else's house or if you know someone with a laptop get them to pop around so you can try it on there - if it's ok you know it's the PC and if it's not you know it's the monitor or the cable :)

I am using the monitor now, so I do not think it is the graphic card as all graphics etc are OK.

The monitor is one you manually switch on, not via the PC, and once receiving a signal from the PC, it displays the start up etc.

Now for some reason, it doesn't wake up when PC and monitor are switched on. So I switch off monitor, switch back on, windows appear momentarily, and then the monitor goes into sleep mode, so I have to switch monitor off and on a few times to get it to stay awake.

I hope I have explained it more clearly

I think you need to try that monitor on a different pc (or borrow another monitor) to isolate the fault, but it sounds like the monitor is going to sleep because it thinks there is no signal from the pc.

If it comes to life just by switching it on and off without doing anything else like moving the video cable about, then I would suspect an internal problem with the monitor.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links