Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Accident - Good News... Bad News

javadude

Prev post

I finally got the accident damage to my IS fixed. I got the car back from the toyota/lexus bracknell body shop yesterday. Its sooo nice not to have a big gouge down one side. :) They did a full valet inside and out and I got a black '02 IS200 SE for the week as a courtesy car. Nice. Think I might go for a black one next time. Had fun playing with all the toys I don't have on mine like the heated seats.

Also got a letter from my insurance company yesterday - they forwarded the third party's claim form for my comments. Guess what - she seems to remember it differently. :angry: Apparently she didn't change lane into the side of me - I swerved in front of her (bodie and doyle style) and I collided with her using the side of my car. :huh::angry:

No independent witnesses unfortunately.

There was no reason for me to change into her lane as it turns off away from my home. Also the damage (seen by the claims assessor) is not consistent with her story. I pointed these points out to my insurance company.... wonder what'll happen next. Not sure I'm going to see my excess again. :( :angry:

BTW. I was working at home on Thursday and Alana chatted to me on MSN just to tell me how your car was better than mine. :crybaby: Hmm cheers Alana. :lol:

I was working at home on Thursday and Alana chatted to me on MSN just to tell me how your car was better than mine.

a lady of discerning tastes.

B)

in a similar vien (and to stay on topic), my brother was hit my a woman coming out of a side road.

he was hit in the read passenger side quarter of the car.

She tried to blame him, until some simple physics were explained to her by the attending police

:lol::lol:

Sounds like if she's contesting it, it'll come down to the technical issues - i.e. who was in front of who - and this should be borne out by the location of damage on both cats, and the incidence of collision (i.e. which parts hit at which angle and when).

Hope if all goes well - i remember I lost my NCD on a technicality as a stupid girl on her mobile phone careered into my right wing as she was out of control. Thing is, even though i was stationary, turning right at a T junction, and had been there for at least 30 secs waiting for traffic to let me in, as I was 'in her way' it was deemed my fault. As I was unable to prove she was on a mobile phone and not in control of the car (my word against hers, no witnesses), I lost out pretty bad, having to build up my NCD from scratch again... - whcih ain't cheap on an Altezza!

G'luck mate!

Asam

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links