Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Handsfree Help

Following this new legislation that you get three points if caught using a mobile, I started thinking its about time I got a proper built in Bluetooth handsfree kit to make sure I can't "forget my headset" or anything else which might lead me to using the handset itself.......

As my phone supports Bluetooth audio and I won't be buying any more phones that don't, I was thinking it would be good to get a handsfree kit that supports this so I can play music off the phone to the car wirelessly.

However, I know that a lot of people on here have installed their phone kits with separate speakers as its simpler, but obviously in this case it defeats the point so I would need the audio to come through the car's sound system.

How difficult will that be to do? Or is it even possible at all?

I have a Parrot Blue Tooth kit in mine and as a handsfree device its brilliant. Mine is connected to the front speakers. You can play music from certain phones over it but I only did this when I lost the code for the stereo.

I also have the Parrot 3200 LS-Color Bluetooth kit fitted. Link below:

Parrot 3200 LS-Color

It is superb!!! Best car kit I have ever had!

ICS from Leicester fitted it and did a fantastic job.

I've had 4 car kits fitted by them now over the years and they've always been superb.

The link is: ICS Group

£120 inc P&P on eBay

Following this new legislation that you get three points if caught using a mobile, I started thinking its about time I got a proper built in bluetooth handsfree kit to make sure I can't "forget my headset" or anything else which might lead me to using the handset itself.......

As my phone supports bluetooth audio and I won't be buying any more phones that don't, I was thinking it would be good to get a handsfree kit that supports this so I can play music off the phone to the car wirelessly.

However, I know that a lot of people on here have installed their phone kits with separate speakers as its simpler, but obviously in this case it defeats the point so I would need the audio to come through the car's sound system.

How difficult will that be to do? Or is it even possible at all?

You still can get done with the police even if you have a car kit. Its all to do with how distracted the police think you are.

I have a car kit and i still think its best to switch off the phone all together.

After all people cant use their phones when they fly so its not that difficult to stay switched off on a commute.

and all you sales people out there dont go on about its my lifeline when im not in the office. How did you all cope before the 80's

I'm using the nokia kit on my car. I'm not using the stock head unit any more, but the voice comes through the car speakers. There are radios on the market from lg, pioneer etc that have Bluetooth integrated and dont cost the earth, it maybe worth swapping the head unit for one of these. Less wiring involved. I used the cable from eBay for the is200 radio swap an iso mute lead with amp from dashmount.com . It was fairly easy to install but ended up with a lot of wires. Hence why would i recommend a head unit with Bluetooth integrated.

Yep the Parrot is one of the one's on my list - but linking up to the audio looks like it might be more hassle than its worth.......

I'm using the nokia kit on my car. I'm not using the stock head unit any more, but the voice comes through the car speakers. There are radios on the market from lg, pioneer etc that have bluetooth integrated and dont cost the earth, it maybe worth swapping the head unit for one of these. Less wiring involved. I used the cable from ebay for the is200 radio swap an iso mute lead with amp from dashmount.com . It was fairly easy to install but ended up with a lot of wires. Hence why would i recommend a head unit with bluetooth integrated.

I have considered the new headunit idea, but I'd only consider swapping to a double din unit, and currently there aren't any of those that support A2DP - there are a few on the way though so perhaps I should just wait ;)

When I heard of this cable that now lets you replace the headunit easily, and Fargo's satnav bypass, it does seem like that is a much more straightforward option........ :unsure:

Parthiban - if you're not too fussed about the MP3 via BTooth, then try this unit:

http://www.solware.co.uk/bluetooth-mobile-...-free-kit.shtml

They sell well in the far east, asia and Australaisia. A mate has the previous generation, and at times you don't even know he's on a handsfree system, let alone in a car!! The sound is really good!

AND you can take it between cars, or use it at home and stop your brain getting fried!

That does look quite good as a portable solution, nice how it just clips to the visor and has pretty good Battery life.

However, it's all too similar to just sticking with my Bluetooth headset - main reason is I'm looking to have a more permanent hard wired solution, so just jump in car, automatically pairs and I'm handsfree (like those of you with MM in your new ISs...... :whistling: )

Although at around £110 for the car kit (Parrot MK6000) and then installation on top, plus the whole hassle of actually finding a way to wire it into the ISs audio system, it's looking like I'm gonna be spending £200 just for the car kit.

None seem to be available yet but looks like the headunits will come in at around £800, plus they seem to have a lot more functionality like phonebooks, and dialling off the touch screen, let alone being able to play DVDs, etc.......

I think I'll wait a few months to see what these headunits are like when they're launched before making a decision (law only comes into effect at the end of Feb anyway :P )

• 4 weeks later...
That does look quite good as a portable solution, nice how it just clips to the visor and has pretty good battery life.

However, it's all too similar to just sticking with my bluetooth headset - main reason is I'm looking to have a more permanent hard wired solution, so just jump in car, automatically pairs and I'm handsfree (like those of you with MM in your new ISs...... :whistling: )

I have a Visorblade that sits on the ashtray and all I do when I get in the car is switch it on and it pairs automatically, the phone stays in my pocket, to receive a call, it rings, you press a button and talk, when finished just press another. To make a call (only when stationary o'course ossifer :D ), press the same button as picked up the call and it uses voice tags to dial. The Battery life is HUGE!

The phone never leaves your pocket.

Dave

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links