Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Apexi Induction

mAltezza

Ive orderd my Apexi induction, but is there anything i chould do after i have fitted it, eg. reset the ecu? :blink:

Thanks

Yep reset the ecu by plugging out the ects fuse( i think) under the bonnet. It will help the ECU adjust quicker to the new filter system

Ive orderd my Apexi induction, but is there anything i chould do after i have fitted it, eg. reset the ecu? :blink:

Thanks

Yep reset the ecu by plugging out the ects fuse( i think) under the bonnet. It will help the ECU adjust quicker to the new filter system

How long do i leave it out for?

Thanks

How long do i leave it out for?

Taken from another forum and to me makes more sense than simply disconnecting the Battery or removing the ECU fuse.:

Turn on the car and warm it up (make sure that it is at normal idle).

Turn off the car and pull out your ECU fuse located in the fuse box under the bonnet Keep fuse out for at least 5 to 10 minutes.

Plug fuse back in and close bonnet.

Start your car MAKING SURE NOT TO TOUCH THE ACCELERATOR WHEN YOU START IT UP.

Let the car idle (at its normal idle) for about 5 minutes.

Shut off the car and restart it. Take it for a test drive and you should notice the difference.

Hpefully this works :winky:

arrrr, but at what point do i fit the filter?

Do i fit it then reset it, or do i warm the engine up then fit it then reset it?

Thanks mate

Fit the filter first. The ECU then learns then correct air/fuel mixture with the induction kit on :D

• 1 month later...
Fitted my induction kit that last day, shes drinkin petrol i knew the consumption would go up but this is fair ridiculous the rate its goin through petrol will this bring it back to a half decent consumption

I found the fuel comsumption was improved after i fitted mine. Did u reset the ecu after u fitted it?

Fitted my induction kit that last day, shes drinkin petrol i knew the consumption would go up but this is fair ridiculous the rate its goin through petrol will this bring it back to a half decent consumption

Take your foot off the right pedal, change before 3500rpm, you'll get good return.

I found the fuel comsumption was improved after i fitted mine. Did u reset the ecu after u fitted it?

Yea only saw tis page earlier on today, resettin it now....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links