Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Squeking Seats On Is220

my cars going in on saturday to have the handbrake adjusted and for them to have a look at the dash speaker which makes a cracking noise, over the weekend both the front seats have started to squek is this an easy fix? and has anybody else got or had the same problem?

just sent the service department an e-mail asking if they can sort it out, i hope that this is not the start of the problems others have suffered such as jambo!

my cars going in on saturday to have the handbrake adjusted and for them to have a look at the dash speaker which makes a cracking noise, over the weekend both the front seats have started to squek is this an easy fix? and has anybody else got or had the same problem?

just sent the service department an e-mail asking if they can sort it out, i hope that this is not the start of the problems others have suffered such as jambo!

:lol: Simon - mine was an early build, and so my saga has been going on while Lexus "learn" how to fix the issues. I think it is a simple fix now.

From my experience, it depends where it's coming from and your dealer should be able to access the Product Bulletins (called TSB's?) -

Base - could be the plastic locator shims still left in on the production line at the point the seat is anchored to the floor

Seat Belt Anchor - needs to be nipped up (re-tightened) to the correct torque

Back Rest - a tricky one - some people have had it stripped down and rebuilt, others a new seat!!

cheers Jambo, not had a reply from lexus yet.

Sounds the usual to me LOTS of work and to an fro with the car Be prepared! lots of patience needed onthe good side you will get to drive losts of cars which they will loan you that will make you feel good about yours!!

alan

It's an easy fix - nothing to worry about.

what was the problem with yours, both of my front seats are squeeking the car is only 8 weeks old

8 weeks old?! That's scary.

I was hoping that getting a brand new one (on the boat now), I would avoid such things as they'd be sorted by now.

G

when i bought it i raised some concerns of the problems others on this forum had had with the new is, and was told that they had been resolved and that the 2007 model would be ok,

its going in on saturday for the handbrake to be adjusted and to have the cracking noise which comes from the dash speaker sorted,then the seats started to creak which once you no its doing it becomes very annoying.i e-mailed lexus service but not yet had a reply.

when i bought it i raised some concerns of the problems others on this forum had had with the new is, and was told that they had been resolved and that the 2007 model would be ok,

its going in on saturday for the handbrake to be adjusted and to have the cracking noise which comes from the dash speaker sorted,then the seats started to creak which once you no its doing it becomes very annoying.i e-mailed lexus service but not yet had a reply.

Even the o7s have rattles Many cars out there are still o6 spec YOu can check by the fuel filler switch is next to not above the other switch O7 builds started aroung August build dates

alan

YOu can check by the fuel filler switch is next to not above the other switch O7 builds started aroung August build dates

alan

I know this might be stated on another topic, but could you be a bit more specific?

You mean the petrol tank flap release button for filling?

And which switch is it next to and not above?

And does it being next to instead of above said switch indicate it being an 07 build or an 06 build?

Thanks

G

YOu can check by the fuel filler switch is next to not above the other switch O7 builds started aroung August build dates

alan

I know this might be stated on another topic, but could you be a bit more specific?

You mean the petrol tank flap release button for filling?

And which switch is it next to and not above?

And does it being next to instead of above said switch indicate it being an 07 build or an 06 build?

Thanks

G

2007 builds have the flap release and boot release side by side and illuminated, whereas the 2006 have them one above the other and not illuminated.

2007 builds have the flap release and boot release side by side and illuminated, whereas the 2006 have them one above the other and not illuminated.

Thanks. Now only 4 weeks until I can verify which one I'll get!

But presumably if mine is on it's way over now, it should definitely be 2007, n'est pas?

what was the problem with yours, both of my front seats are squeeking the car is only 8 weeks old

They would't explain the problem but had taken the car in and looked at it previously. Dealer advised that they were waiting for authorisation from Lexus GB to change the whole seat including leather.

Must say that they changed it within 2 hours of drop off and have no issues with colour ect.

Squeak free driving at last.

They would't explain the problem but had taken the car in and looked at it previously. Dealer advised that they were waiting for authorisation from Lexus GB to change the whole seat including leather.

Must say that they changed it within 2 hours of drop off and have no issues with colour ect.

Squeak free driving at last.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links