Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing Costs For New Is 220d

...so, I get a call from Lexus last night (that's right, after 7.50pm!) to book my car in for the 12 month service. It's currently on 7500 miles, so I suppose it is classified as a low miler (ish) - not that it makes a jots difference....

How much have people paid? I was told I could wait, as it will take about one hour. What are other people experiences of the new IS and it's first service, and cost?

Just as an aside, my last car needed it's first service at 22000 miles and cost £186 - that was an Audi.

I'll give them a call and find out (joys of company cars, sign on the line and walk off :whistling: )

Was less than 2 hours though with a full wash and if I remember it's more of a 'check' rather then replace so shouldn't be that big.....he says hopefully :P

Yes - I got a call from Lexus UK on Tuesday at 8:40pm !!! YES 8:40PM !!! :angry::angry:

Some daft woman reading off a script telling me that my new GS was due a service and they could book it in for me there and then !!

I then asked if they had a computer system "Yes" she said....

"Well" I said "Might I suggest you get one that works?"

"Ah" she said "If you booked it in over the last few days it may not appear on my system"

"No" I said "I booked it in a month ago - get a system that works and don't disturb at 8:40 at night" (not that I was in a bad mood :P

I put the phone down and my wife said "You were so rude on that phone call"

"Don't care" I said "Lexus have the money to pay for an IT system that works !! They shouldn't pester people at gone 8:30 at night on the pretence they are doing you a favour !!"

Rant over !!! :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

I love my Lexus but I don't want to be disturbed at home by someone reminding me it's due a service, I would hope I'm intelligent enough to figure that one out for myself !!

The Ed

Yeah gotta say that's the one aspect of Lexus CS that I'm not too happy with.......I know when it needs a service, it's the MOT I seem to forget :lol:

Perhaps they think it's better than having a service indicator in the car :P

I'll give them a call and find out (joys of company cars, sign on the line and walk off :whistling: )

Was less than 2 hours though with a full wash and if I remember it's more of a 'check' rather then replace so shouldn't be that big.....he says hopefully :P

My first "check" service at 10k miles cost me over £190. :blush:

Northern Boy, we probably use the same dealer as you, did you get a breakdown of costs.

I remember being charged an astomnomical amount for washer fluid on an IS200 service 2 yaers ago.

I was only putting in water!. Lexus must be pouring in Evian.

Northern Boy, we probably use the same dealer as you, did you get a breakdown of costs.

I remember being charged an astomnomical amount for washer fluid on an IS200 service 2 yaers ago.

Holy water, maybe? :winky:

Jamboo, lets start with first lesson of slovak language :)

here is a document I got from lexus:

lex_service.jpg

There is written, that the oil change is due, when the oil change light goes on, latest after 30.000kms, or after 24 months.

You should be now due 15.000km service, which is just a 45 minutes check of the car. They will probably check levels of all liquids in the car.

Well as it happens I have my first 2 service invoices here:

10k mile service

(1 hour labour @ £90/hr + VAT)

Consumables inc. Helix plus oil (£48.62) and new wiper blades, screenwash, fuel treatment and engine flush, £10 loan car insurance etc comes to a grand total of £230.16 inc VAT

20k mile service

Approx. 2 hours labour - consumables as above plus diff oil and a new Battery for the remote comes to a grand total of £380.00 inc VAT. I also had to have new front pads which was another £160 or so.

That is expensive in my view....the service schedule is so short (each is 10000 miles apart) which is what makes it costly.

Oh well, another day another dollar :lol:

I was told that I could a 2-3 service deal when I bring it in, will have to see if that works out better. Also, £160 for brake pads, is that all four or just the fronts (as I would suspect)?

That is expensive in my view....the service schedule is so short (each is 10000 miles apart) which is what makes it costly.

Oh well, another day another dollar :lol:

I was told that I could a 2-3 service deal when I bring it in, will have to see if that works out better. Also, £160 for brake pads, is that all four or just the fronts (as I would suspect)?

It is expensive - when I queried the labour rate I was told it was on a par with Porsche and Mercedes' rates. I suppose it is also similar to Audi and BMW. I don't have a problem with the 10k miles service intervals as I was never really happy with the Audi Longlife Service intervals at 20k and was thinking of switching back to 10k intervals there. What I have a slight problem with is Lexus saying that the car is designed for lower cost maintenance and uses normal mineral oil - and then charges you £50 for it!

I think more reasonable costs would be £150 for a 10k service and £250 for a 20k. To put it in perspective, my Lexus has now done the same miles as my Audi when I sold it. My total Audi servicing costs were £180. My Lexus costs (ex. pads) are £610. Makes you think I guess. To be fair I can't fault the dealer on their work and they have agreed in future to let me have loan cars without the £10 charge!

Oh and the £160 for pads was for the front only. I asked for the ones to taken off to be put in my boot for inspection later and then felt like a right moaning barsteward afterwards. They probably call me the Geordie Victor Meldrew.

I will say Lexus dealers are the nicest people to be emptying your wallet, I almost feel guilty querying the bill!

Don't feel guilty questioning - it's your cash!! At £100 an hour they ought to be able to accept that....

To be fair there are a number of young ladies who advertise themselves in phone boxes who charge far more. But with them you really do feel scr*wed!

:D

I can also tell you that Alfa charge around £100/ hour for labour.

Though they do a much longer service interval, too.

G

G

My missus used to work on Service Reception for an Alfa dealership. She said she would have seen less tears and distress working in a funeral home. She still loves Alfas though.

G

My missus used to work on Service Reception for an Alfa dealership. She said she would have seen less tears and distress working in a funeral home. She still loves Alfas though.

Would she like a lovely, and rather rare, 156 GTA? :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links