Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My Dillema

GWilso

This is hard to discuss so take it easy on me

I'm in between jobs at the minute the new job will mean starting at the bottom end of the ladder again with a lesser salary etc etc

My problem is do I sell the lexi and downsize temporarily of course :D to keep the running costs down?

The wife has said "I know how much you love that car we could probably afford to keep it IF YOU WANT" :ohmy: I was looking around at cars yesterday and I don’t want to look at loosing to much power so here goes I found this http://www.perrys.co.uk/dealer-used-list?p...Saloon/P/25/1/4

I know its a Rover but lets not stray of the topic I phoned A plan to get a quote its 2 insurance groups lower so insurance will be cheaper right?..............Wrong they want nearly a quarter of the premium again :angry:

This has upset me and made me realise there might not be that much of a saving downsizing to a car with a little less BHP without looking at Micra etc etc :shutit:

So do I keep looking or do I for fill wife’s suggestion of keeping the lexi and struggle on paying higher insurance petrol etc etc

ive got a little corsa for work. i know its more insurance a year but im saving that and some on fuel by having the second car.

costs me £30 to fill the corsa up and it last me over a week.

lexus is 55-60 and that last just under a week.

personally id buy a cheap run around and have the lexus for weekends or suchlike

Yeah i know what you mean about petrol etc it's a nightmare..... As much as i'd love a second car i need to be sensible and bring all costs down, insurance,petrol,warrenty etc etc i figured i could save £130 a month by downsizing and most of that is the petrol :duh:

I just cant seem to let go?

I know the misses has said its ok to keep the car but why do I get the feeling I might regret her suggestion 4 month's down the line :shifty:

ive got a little corsa for work. i know its more insurance a year but im saving that and some on fuel by having the second car.

costs me £30 to fill the corsa up and it last me over a week.

lexus is 55-60 and that last just under a week.

Drop the car. I know you dont want to, but making sure you have money for the more important things... I love my lexy and came this (...

) close to downsizing when my company was taken over, luckily i managed to wrangle a pay rise.

but had i not i would have dropped the lex for sure... even tho i love the car :D

Besides, you can always get another one a little down the line when you have worked their a while

Thanks for all the support folks

as you say raykhan i think ill just monitor the finances week by week and see how it goes, its really strange ive had a few cars in my time and never really had any probs getting rid.

The lexi although its costing more to run than any other ive had i'm so reluctant to let it go,especially after i looked at a few cars yesturday vauxhall/fords/MG and the interior etc everything is cheap plastic i think i would just miss the quality build all to much :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links