Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help!

Aweb

Some how i've managed to get my key out of the ignition while in ACC. can now when i put the key back in the barrel it won't turn :( i've got no idea what to try. as soon as i open the door i get the "bong" which usually implies the lights are on or the key is still in the barrel.

i dunno what to try next, i've taken the negative off the Battery in a hope to reset things but this seems a little mechanical to be solved by an electrical system.

I can still lock the car with key fob. I've got a TOAD cat1 system.

I do, i've got 2 spares and my master key but i'll go try that.

I just can't get the key all the way in which i think is part of the problem :S

will let you know :)

that didnt work. i've taken a couple of pics to show my problem.

first two are crap but the 3rd one shows the key.

http://www.fadeware.net/car-related/key/

I would have %7Boption%7D tagged these but they are too big and i can't be bothered to resize them :)

updated post.

no :(

I've spoken to Lexus this morning and they said it would require a new lock set and would cost 200quid :( and 250 for fitting :( i'm going to get it done at my local garage.

Does anyone know where i could get a new lock set for cheaper than 200quid?

no :(

I've spoken to Lexus this morning and they said it would require a new lock set and would cost 200quid :( and 250 for fitting :( i'm going to get it done at my local garage.

Does anyone know where i could get a new lock set for cheaper than 200quid?

complete load of bull shi.... you can get a barrel assy cut to match your existing key - costs about 80 but takes 2 weeks.

the altezza should be the same for the barrel replacement..... it took me a total of 30 mins start to finish to do it. the hardest one is the door lock as space is limited

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links