Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Woe Is Me :(

Kavey

:(

Well this morning at 8.25am, on my second day of driving to work to my new job, I got shunted in the rear by a lady driver in an Audi Coupe. Really, really gutted :crybaby:

Was pretty cold last night so of course it was quite slippery. I don't really blame her as the chain of events that LED to this happening were down to a car cutting into our lane of traffic on Wandsworth High Street, a few cars ahead of me causing some chain braking. Of course my tezzy held firm with the ABS kicking in and keeping me in control, but the poor girl behind me skidded and rammed me.

I don't blame her, as I know what these things can be like, and the poor girl was distraught, having never had an accident. I went through the procedure, telling her what she needed to do, took some pictures as evidence etc, and generally calmed her down. 'It's only metal,' I said being dad.

My car will need boot pulling, new rear apron, new light clusters etc.... her car cracked its radiator with a pretty crumpled front end. At least my car was still driveable, but I felt so embarrased driving around with a dent up my rear, even though the damage was clearly not my fault :blush:

Anyway, luckily she's insured by the same people as me so it should manage to get sorted pretty quick, and Jemca/Lexus Edgware Road are authorised repairers and are very familiar with my wheels so will look after it well, but it'll be 2 weeks of the road at some point later in March.

What this means is that I might need to delay the modding work that TDI are doing, as I can't see it getting sorted in time if I get it booked in before, especially with parts having to come from Japan taking 10 working days after the work has been approved. Realistically, I might get the mods done and then slap it straight in the body shop for a make over. Aside from the damage, and the dent to my pride and joy, the other bad thing is I won't be able to make the Spring meet at Gaydon (unless I come with a crumpled car), which is particularly gutting, as I missed the recent ones due to being recovering from my snowboarding prang, and now this.

And I really wanted to meet you crazy :cat:s :(

Ah well. Sh*t happens....

Gutted from Tooting :duh:

Really sorry to hear of your accident. You are having some back luck, first with the snow boarding and now this.

Can't believe you were so calm about it, and not blaming the lady who whacked you from behind is amazing...don't know if I could be so understanding if it happened to me. Well at least the case will be straight forward as she will abviously be owning up to it.

Hope you get it sorted soon mate.

bad news mate - sorry to hear it.

As always though - you and the young lady walked away - thats the main thing.

If I remember correctly - haven't you only just "stood up" having had a broken ankle?

two months without driving your car - then taken roughly from behind within days of getting back behind the wheel?

damn that sucks.

bad news mate - sorry to hear it.

As always though - you and the young lady walked away - thats the main thing.

If I remember correctly - haven't you only just "stood up" having had a broken ankle?

two months without driving your car - then taken roughly from behind within days of getting back behind the wheel?

damn that sucks.

Yep - only had the all clear to drive earlier in the week... Not driven for 2 months. A few days of luxury, tunes and general driving pleasure, and now this.

They say these thing happen in threes... I dread to think... I might deliberaty smash a mug or something to try to break the spell :hocus-pokus:

I could see she was going go into a major flap, so just played it cool and told that I was fine, she was fine, not to worry and this is what insurance is for. Took her a little while of chainsmoking to calm down, but she was okay in the end. I even rang RAC for her as she wasn't even sure where she was.

I need a few goddam :luck: leaves at the moment! NOT been a good year so far....

sorry to hear that mate really really sorry. i can imagine how gutted u are. but hopefully having same insurance company it will be done quick. at least it aint written off and u and the lady are still here.

dunno bout the car being just metal though

Well. Went to Jem/Lexus Edgware Road today to get em to look over the car for repairs. As expected it'll probably cost about £3000 all in to repair as most of the bits have to come from Japan. Lucky it's all her fault! :whistling:

Good news is that they're going to order me the black/chrome lights for the rear which will be cool B) and probably a whole new boot lid, depending. I might be lucky and get another Altezza spoiler with the new boot lid, so might have one spare to flog if anyone's interested :) and also might have a rear bumper apron spare too. We'll see once the adjuster's taken a look.

Anyway, thinking of getting the front Black Chrome lights too, but obviously I'd have to pay for that, but might be able to save on postage as they could order them the same time as the other parts they're getting. Anyone got a part number of anything on em? Zee you've just done your front lights haven't you? Grim?

Also question on my fog lights. The Altezza sport fog lights at the front are different to the UK spec (you can see my car's body kit here) - but as they are glass fronted, they're pretty cracked now :angry: , and one has a little bit of rainwater in :(

Does anyone know if I can replace them with other lights from the UK - preferably not glass (!), without having to import them? I hardly use em, but as I'm going through the whole renovation process of my car with the mods and now the (enforced' body work, thought I might give the front a little workover :)

Mark - I hope you don't mind see my car's butt a little crumpled when I bring it to TDi in 2 week :lol:

Asam

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links