Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Write-off Value 97 Lexus Aristo

DiXXXy

So a woman in a Seat Leon ploughs into my backside in a car park and does enough damage that my insurance company has declared my late '97 Mark II Lexus Aristo 'uneconimical to repair'! :angry:

Yes, the car is almost 10 years old and yes, it's an import and yes, it has 130k miles on it, but you and I know it's still got legs! My Aristo has been sweet to me since day one.

However, I know the insurance company must have compared the car to a GS300 if they've written it off because of some rear cosmetic damage. I haven't received their offer yet but you can imagine how disrespectfully low it's going to be. :tsktsk:

So I'm asking for help! I need to show proof of the true value of this car by finding some advertised for sale. There isn't any for sale anywhere that I have searched (autotrader, Exchange and Mart, Pistonheads etc.). Does anyone know where I can find a for sale ad for a Mark II Aristo?

In case anyone is interested in buying it for spares etc. it still drives fine but the near side rear light assembly is toast, both panels are dented, the bumper is bust and the boot lid is creased. Chasis and suspension fine; so is the spoiler.

If I can get a good settlement from the Insurance Co. I could theoretically get it fixed myself since it's all cosmetic.

Any help hugely appreciated.

Regards,

Dixxxy

Import Aristos normally sell for less than UK GS300s unless it's a turbo one. If so it would still only be slightly more than the GS300.

Thanks for your reply. It is the 3L TWIN TURBO model. What do you think it's worth?

Dixxxy

So a woman in a Seat Leon ploughs into my backside in a car park and does enough damage that my insurance company has declared my late '97 Mark II Lexus Aristo 'uneconimical to repair'! :angry:

Yes, the car is almost 10 years old and yes, it's an import and yes, it has 130k miles on it, but you and I know it's still got legs! My Aristo has been sweet to me since day one.

However, I know the insurance company must have compared the car to a GS300 if they've written it off because of some rear cosmetic damage. I haven't received their offer yet but you can imagine how disrespectfully low it's going to be. :tsktsk:

So I'm asking for help! I need to show proof of the true value of this car by finding some advertised for sale. There isn't any for sale anywhere that I have searched (autotrader, Exchange and Mart, Pistonheads etc.). Does anyone know where I can find a for sale ad for a Mark II Aristo?

In case anyone is interested in buying it for spares etc. it still drives fine but the near side rear light assembly is toast, both panels are dented, the bumper is bust and the boot lid is creased. Chasis and suspension fine; so is the spoiler.

If I can get a good settlement from the Insurance Co. I could theoretically get it fixed myself since it's all cosmetic.

Any help hugely appreciated.

Regards,

Dixxxy

What a bummer dood,check on http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=469

They have a couple for sale there

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links