Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Exhaust Query

Hey there everyone,

Just wanted to ask some questions relating to exhaust systems...

For those that have cat-back exhaust systems fitted, do you have any issues relating to engine idling? For example, with the standard exhaust your engine idled at 1k, but now with an aftermarket system fitted, it idles at 1500?

Any uneven engine idling?

Any spluttering?

The reason I ask this is that I have never had a simple exhaust system fitted to a car. My previous car (Ford Focus 1.6) had the first 4-2-1 branch manifold fitted in the country, along with a decat exhaust system and rally profile cams.... As a result, the engine idled like a bag of spanners. Absolutely awful, but was the price to pay!

Any tips, hints and suggestions are all welcomed.

Many thanks,

Jamie

I've just put an HKS cat-back on my S and nothing like that. it does idle just over 1000 rev's but its still considerabley less than 1500. It was the same on my Corsa with a powerflow cat-back.

The slightly higher idle is nice though as you hear the exhaust puuuurrrr away whilst sat at lights etc. :winky:

Havent a clue what effect a system from the manifold to back box would have though as i've never ventured that far into exhaust moding.

Hi Jamie

Changing the exhaust should not effect the idle speed or quality.

The issue with your Focus is more to do with the camshafts you installed having longer duration and valve overlap.

Hope this helps

Mark :)

So far so good with regard to replies. I haven't had the system fitted just yet, but was a little warey and just wanted to clarify.

Is this the same if the IS200 is fitted with both a cat-back system and a manifold, or are we entering into another subject here? Air/fuel/lean etc.? Causing further issues?

Cheers,

Jamie

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links