Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 New Front And Rear Strut Braces.

This maybe of interset to some of you.

After getting so much bodyroll from my 1993 LS400 around corners I've had a look into getting some New strut braces for the front and rear from my supplier in Japan. I deal in Nissan parts only, But this bodyroll is just getting on my nerves so much I've made an exception.

So please feel free to guage interest of any of you that would be interested in buying some.

The price I'm working with shipping to your door from Japan is around these figures at moment.

Front sturt brace £180 - £200 delivered at most.

Rear strut brace £160 - £180 delivered at most.

There will be some discount on shipping and purchase of both items together.

These figures are for airmail delivery at moment and not bought in group buy, So may vary.

I'm unable to list pics, But if you need one then feel free to email a request for them.

The same prices would apply to the LS400 UCF20-21 1994 model on aswell.

So please leave some feedback on NO, Yes or Yes if they were cheaper.

Sounds interesting but I think most folks will need to know what they 'feel like' on the car.

You definately getting a set for your car then?

I'll get a set for my car and with my experience of driving track Nissan cars(Skyline GTR's & GTiR Pulsar's), I'm in a position of knowing what advantages they make over normal ride when cornering. Anyone with an early LS400 will notice the bodyroll on cornering. I'm holding onto the steering wheel, Go into a corner and sometimes end up holding the door and squeezing my bum to the seat.

Never give me an answer to the question alex.

No, Yes or yes if cheaper.

Hey Baz,

You are right about the body roll. the LS is fast-ish in a straight line but a 2 ton car designed for luxury... not a cornering machine.

I'll certainly take your opinion on board once you get some, however, I bought out of the fast car game (several turbo'd cars later I sold my celica with beams engine, sold to buy the LS).

I can't aford em but I think some folks will if they're 10-15% cheaper for a boat shipment.

If body roll is what you want to reduce, why not get uprated anti roll bars? IMHO, strut braces only seem to make a difference when you are pushing the car hard in cornering, not in normal everyday driving.

TRD anti roll bars have made my car go from a boat to a half decent car. :whistling:

If body roll is what you want to reduce, why not get uprated anti roll bars? IMHO, strut braces only seem to make a difference when you are pushing the car hard in cornering, not in normal everyday driving.

TRD anti roll bars have made my car go from a boat to a half decent car. :whistling:

Why not to both for total cornering. I like hard cornering as Wales has loads of corners to deal with, Not like flat middle England.

Details of bars and how much you paided for them would be good.

Why not to both for total cornering. I like hard cornering as Wales has loads of corners to deal with, Not like flat middle England.

Details of bars and how much you paided for them would be good.

Yes, both will help. I've got chassis braces upper and lower now, front and rear. However, the LS has got dampers and springs set up for comfort. You're then looking at coilovers to firm up the up to turn it from a boat into a car.

I got TRD anti roll bars from America for 350 quid for front and rear. Got it imported through a mate. Price before shipping and duty was 250.

• 1 month later...

Finally sorted out a shipped price to the UK for the above pictured strut braces.

The price includes all shipping and taxes from Japan to your door.

FRONT and REAR STRUT BRACES are £100 each with postage.

Fitment are for the 1990-1994 models. 430's are slightly different, but around the same price and can get.

Both together would be £190.

I will list an eBay ad for the purchase of them in the near future. This will offer some piece of mind for me, buyer and that the goods are 100% correct.

I have a set coming later next week as being shipped Monday and will find out how long to arrive, But looking at around 5-14days.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally fitted and tested today with the front strut brace fitted.

Finally had my strut brace delivered and took 36hours to deliver from Japan to UK by fedex.

Total cost was £100 with all postage and taxes etc.

The strut brace fitted with no problems and was well worth the week long wait for it to arrive.

THE TEST DRIVE.

Fitted in about 5 mins by just undoing the top 13mm 6 strut bolts, Fit the brace and reattach the bolts.

Went for a spin and found the car handled much much better than standard. Most of the body roll had gone on cornering and you stayed in your seat while checking it through a roundabout or tight corner. Without the rear brace on and just the front you can get a bit of drift from the LS while hard cornering, Which was fun being so big(hehe). Ride comfort was not lost and the steering feels stifer at the front which help when going along a motorway at high speed. You tended not to lane drift as much in the wind with the braces fitted.

My tip is to go for both braces as it transforms the car around corners without the bodyroll and you can feel the difference straight away. It seems to allow the car to turn in quicker with them fitted and make the corner seem smaller.

If you've got an early LS400 then get the braces, It will transform your cars handling completely.

The price is £100 each or £180 for both delivered thorugh myself or arrange a supplier yourself.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Can now confirm the prices for all models of LS400. Got an agreement from the supplier that they will all cost £100 each or £180 a pair and a saving of £20 on the postage to me and then to you as a combined item.

The models covered are listed below.

UCF10 1990 -1992 & UCF11 1992 - 1994 are same fitment front and back. Pictures above on the thread

Please note that the fronts on a UCF20-21 are slightly differnent and change over on 1998 model. Please send email to receive a picture of it fitted to the engine to confirm that it matches what you have under the bonnet.

UCF20-21 1994 - 1998 Front Strut brace.

UCF20-21 1998 - 2000 Front Strut Brace. This brace is a CUSCO make, So you're getting a top Japanese tuning brand.

UCF20-21 1994 - 2000 Rear strut brace are listing as the same.

Delivery is 7 working days. It takes two days to the supllier and then 3 days to the UK by Fedex, Then 48 parcelforce delivery from me to you. So don't start hassling for an item before 7 days from order taken, But will supply tracking number of it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links