Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Monster......

bloofire

Fast Car Tuesday, and the rest shortly afterwards.

Mark - I dont buy car magazines - so "the usual suspects" and "the rest" are not really enough info for me :blush:

any chance of the full list - so we know which ones to buy to see the features please mate?

Sorry Matt. In my own little world again :blush:

The usual suspects are Banzai, Japanese Performance, Red Line, Max Power, Fast Car, Fast & Modified, and oh yes.......Girl Racer :blush: Have some international publications chomping at the bit too.

In fact it's Banzai on Tuesday, not Fast car - my mistake.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry Matt.  In my own little world again  :blush:

The usual suspects are Banzai, Japanese Performance, Red Line, Max Power, Fast Car, Fast & Modified, and oh yes.......Girl Racer  :blush: Have some international publications chomping at the bit too.

excellent!

can't wait to see Mat in Girlie Racer :lol::lol:

can you keep us up to date on when we can see the features please?

Fast Car??????........is it????

mark is the new prop one piece of 2 piece as before, as surely one piece is stronger, and easier to balance

It's still a 2 piece, but will be a lot nicer than the first incarnation. A two piece is stronger due to adverse twisting forces over a long one piece prop. This can be negated by using a larger and heavier shaft but I feel this will be a step backwards.

Can't wait :D

Fast car eh? did they approach you?

hmmmmmm

Fast Car??????........is it????

mark is the new prop one piece of 2 piece as before, as surely one piece is stronger, and easier to balance

It's still a 2 piece, but will be a lot nicer than the first incarnation. A two piece is stronger due to adverse twisting forces over a long one piece prop. This can be negated by using a larger and heavier shaft but I feel this will be a step backwards.

Can't wait :D

Fast car eh? did they approach you?

No, I approached them but they were aware of the car already. I assume Mat had mentioned it or maybe they saw it at JAE.

PM you with what is relevent, i dont know how much you know about what has been done NOT at TDI towers......

will list it here for you. (this is obviously the relevent and visable stuff, i dont think Joe needs to know the finite details of changes ive made)

BRAKES......Stoptech ST-40 4-piston front calipers ,7075-T6 billet aluminum caliper mounting brackets, 332x32mm slotted, floating, front AeroRotors, 7075-T6 billet aluminum AeroHats with directional standoffs, StopTech SS (DOT compliant) front brake lines,

CUSCO negative camber upper adjustable wishbones

TRD yellow anti roll bars

TOMS chassis braces

Nissan skyline R34 LM bonnet vent

Hydraulic Hood prop kit

PLP front strut brace, Cusco rear strut brace

TRD seats

TTE custom 180mph speedo, JDM Tacho

Tinted windows, all round

WALD side skirts

DATASYSTEMS wide arch kit, modified

TRD rear skirt

TRD arch spoiler

UGO roof spoiler

Heavily modified Hipposleek front bumper and grill

JDM 4 light brake conversion

TOMS white housing tail lights

Custom white housing front lights

(Mark in an envelope in the boot you should find 2 plates, that were made up for shows, if you want to get them fitted thats upto you)

everything else you should obviously know about!

Andi knows you did the Exhaust,WE was discussing it whilst under the car while it was on my ramps in the workshop.

I think Andi was adding things that werent on the list, he thought i was making a list of things that were done, to the CAR.

if he had thought that the exhaust was done by me he was possibly confusing the Race car twin set up, which he saw and drove at the Euro meet 2004

looking at the list though, the only thing that had outside invovement was the speedo........of which i ended up sorting the problem with that :yawn:

We have noticed today that there is some serious deflection on the rear suspension location bracketry, which is causing the rear wheels to point in the wrong direction :o I wondered why the car felt like it was crabbing after being set up by TTE. I assume that this is either caused by Mr C's full throttle drag starts ;) or a fairly major weakness in the components.

Some beefing up of this area is in order methinks.

what rear location bracketry.....

the only aditional bracketry thats been fitted is the TOMS chassi braces and Toms rear beam braces, both of which have not been moved since the rear beam was put back on after the new TRD bushes, and suspension work was Completed.

the tracking was done soon as the car reached Germany, due to the front tyres being worn through to the threads although new at the start of the Conversion, Th tracking was found to be massivly out on the front, and a fair whack at the rear, the front was sorted even more so after the fittment of the Cusco negative upper arms.

Ther car then covered over 1000miles while back in Germany to shake out any problems which i think we can say there were non, other than the ones we knew about before hand. A testiment to how well the work has been done by Simon and crew B)

The trip to TTE is a 8 hour round trip, i would have noticed any tracking issues....especialy as i ALWAYS check the tyres every couple of weeks for exactly any problems with tracking of suspension issues, and part of the Journey back was in SNOW!!!! :sick:

the car wasnt crabbing on the way to TDI...and it was driven from Milton Keynes to London..and TTE didnt do any suspensiion geometry only checked what was done by my local suspension place, TTE said all settings were spot on.( i actually think the print out is still in the car)

so there should be no problems whatso ever, as the car was returned to the UK with a full geometry alignment, to save me having to Purchase more new tyres

having just removed and refitted 2 complete rear beams.i cannot see where there would be any weaknes's, as the beam is only mounted at 4 points,which have now been firmed up with TRD bushes aswell as every other suspension bush, as far as actual mounting points all other "mounts" are only to brace the movement of the beam,

2 sub braces from the front 2 mounts to the floor of the car, then the 2 main braces which are braced using the Toms chassis braces to the floor pan further forward, which in the case of the toms braces(and the Japsai braces) are also bracing laterally, .

if there was any weakness's it could only be at the mounting point for the upper tie bar, which even on the Altezza cup race cars isnt changed !! only modified to accept the much lower ride height that the JTC cars run at, i know this, as i have just carried out the same rear beam modifications to the race car beam

can you clarify this issue mark, as im sure you realise i am a little miffed that a problem has arrisen that wasnt there before coming back to the UK :huh:

can you explain where the problem is. :) and let me know what the idea is to solve it, as an issue with the Monster Could manifest itself on the race car and id like to catch it before it happenes, as i now have the rear beam removal and replacement down to 35 mins total!!!!!

Mark, so the car's in the mag tomorrow, but it's got a problem?

What's happening fella, is it still going to be in there tomorrow or is that postponed now?

How serious is the damage? The first thing I thought of when you said the wheels were the wrong way was that I'd knackered it when I sat in it at JAE :lol:

What do you mean by they're in the wrong direction by the way, are they pointing out sideways like the Delorean in Back to the Future :P Or is the camber just severely out like mine was when I first had the coilovers put on before they settled down so they were like / --- \ ??

And if it was alright when it left Mat but it has a problem now where has it been - has anyone took it out or are you just extremely particular? Not a dig mate just wondering if you're picking up on something that would be within other people's spec?

And when it's in Girl Racer, will there be girl's draped all over it - can I come down too and let them all drape over my 'monster' :lol:

What does crabbing mean by the way? Sounds like something the doctor sorted for me, does it mean the car is constantly snaking side to side?

Thanks for any answers pal, a lot of these terms are over my head as you can probably tell :lol:

Looking forward to it finished, it was awesome last time I saw it, and it just keeps getting better :)

Mat, the car was crabbing on the way back from Lakeside where you dropped it off. Not much - only slightly, and is more visible from behind that you can actually feel on the road.

I am sure that TTE had done a marvellous job with the alignment, as one would expect.

I guess that there is just too much torque for the strength of the standard rear toe control arm mounts on the rear sub frame, as they have deformed.

I guess that's why the Supra is more substantial in these areas.

It's not the end of the world, it just means that this area will need to be strengthened.

If that's the only problem that comes to light on a substantial conversion like this, I would call that a result.

We have aligned the rear wheels to be neutral for the magazine tests, and will get to work on a solution.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links