Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Crash Bang Wallop

timm

As this is my first post and I have been a member a few years its reallly a cry for help

Sat AM I was off up to Derby to visit family

as I left the 25 onto the M40 north the car flipped out, I caught it for a split second and then it pulled to the left again. I dont think its was a blow out but you can never be sure, theres a bit more to this but I am just out feeling for clues to any possible causesl...........

what I am trying to find out is are there any recalls on the IS200 steering rack or track rod ends etc or is there any reported problems with the speed sensitve power steering ie staying to senitve and on all the while??

any help would be much apreciated

PS it was a 99 SE auto on a V

Sorry to hear that mate.Was you at motorway speeds?Is it written off?

Hi yer It wasn't pritty it was only 60 Mph but it spinned around backwards and I hit the arm co and ripped off the front drivers wheel and followed by the drivers rear quarter cluster wing boot

I am waiting for it to be written off as we speak

no air bags nor tightened belt as it was all whilst sliding as soon as traction was lost it just slid

Sorry to hear that mate.Was you at motorway speeds?Is it written off?

Hi yer It wasn't pritty it was only 60 Mph but it spinned around backwards and I hit the arm co and ripped off the front drivers wheel and followed by the drivers rear quarter cluster wing boot

I am waiting for it to be written off as we speak

no air bags nor tightened belt as it was all whilst sliding as soon as traction was lost it just slid

If I could figure out how to attach Pics I would post a few but I keep ending up with "add URL" ?? blank box

Any ideas how I attach some jpegs??

Sorry to hear that pal, glad to hear you were ok, i have spoken with my m8 who works for lexus and nos of no known recalls etc

I know a nice Y plate sport for sale if you need a new one ;)

cool thanks for checking

We've spotted a gorge IS on flea bay for 5,1 with 40K in black so are checking it out

I'll have to wait for the engineers report

I've spoke to a few who have lost vehicles in odd circumstances and a few mention oill or diesel on the road etc but I still (for now) think it could be mechanical but I hope too find out soon

do you know how I can to attach jpegs--

----Please

Sorry to hear this, Take it no injuries?

To get pics on here you need to host them On www.photobucket.com then generate html code for chat rooms/forums, just copy and paste the link here.

Sorry to hear this, Take it no injuries?

To get pics on here you need to host them On www.photobucket.com then generate html code for chat rooms/forums, just copy and paste the link here.

cheers I'll soon be signed into photobucket

thanks

I did'nt know you needed a host for photo's, its cool as it helps keeps the server fast

Ill see what I can do

Did/could you of possibly by accident switched off the T/C?

I thought i remembered a recall of the early IS's for something but cant think what is was for.

I remembered seeing the TC light on the dash after the crash, I think it was flashing

and it was still active

th_IMAGE_00188.jpg

th_IMAGE_00187.jpg

th_IMAGE_00186.jpg

th_IMAGE_00185.jpg

th_IMAGE_00184.jpg

th_IMAGE_00161.jpg

th_IMAGE_00160.jpg

excuse the plate showing

but i dont think the car nor plate is fit for thieves to use in "petrol runs" or ram raids as it no longer goes very well LOL

sorry to hear and see that mate.

i dont think ive ever seen an alloy buckle in as much as that! :o

i hope you can sort it all out, and get yourself a nice new car :)

Really sorry to hear about this mate but as mentioned the main thing is noone was hurt.

I hope you get sorted very soon and back on the road

Thanks to you all for your kind replys

I am thankfull neither my wife nor daughter were in the car and that the road was so quiet at that time......

We have another IS in our sights and I got confirmation that V701 has been written off yesterday ....

so I am just waiting for a settlement figure then we should be rolling again

cheers again for your kind words :D ;) :)

TimM

if you dont mind i asking...

how much did they pay out?

Well I would'nt mind telling you............... and I will if they ever look at the bloomin thing I would have :tsktsk:

I was told its been written off and just waiting for the engineers report/ price........... :unsure:

Today I was told that it had not been looked at they got it confused, "the enginers gone on holliday and he missed yours but he looked at the rest and a bloke by the name of Andy will looking at yours tomorrow" :tsktsk:

Cheers "NIG" so back to square one !!! .... (PS ..." NIG" is the insurance company)

I will keep you posted as to what comes out hopfully sooner rather than later.................... :whistling:

This must be catching, mine had a ding early Sunday morning,

new bonnet + a bumper respray.. oh bugger !

Even the smallest crunch and bump is gutting......

I know these would'nt have helped you, as its front end, but for doors n sides :-

"We prev had a nice shopper in tesco's push our rear passenger door in to a cost of 800 notes or so"

I brought some things called "door defendres" not sure about the spelling but from Canada,

and they worked a treat on the sides of your car....... they were on magnetic strips and foam bars, they stopped any bumps n bangs which worked well till I totaled the whole car.... SOB SOB :duh: :blink:

I can relate to you righting you car off on the motorway. I wrote my honda Civic type r off in a spin out on the M61. I am sorry to hear what happened mate and glad your ok.

Just a quick note for you, get onto the Autotrader and Lexus and print off as many cars that are the same year/spec and mileage as yours and keep a note of the prices. So when you get your settlement figure you can compare that figure to what the current market value is. If it is lower then you say the offer is unacceptable and send a copy off of all the cars you have found that match your car, and say your car is worth this much.

I did this and the insurance company ended up paying me back more than I paid for my civic. I paid £14,500 and they paid me back £14,700. Its really worth doing because at the end of the day they will probably try and stiff you.

Good luck with your claim and new car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links