Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dyno Results Running On E85 Biofuel(104 Ron)

IRLRs200

So lads just back from East coast customs up North after getting the car dyno'ed. The last time i got the car dyno'ed was in March 2007 in Westward Engineering.

Car setup on march 2007 Westward dyno:

Apexi Power intake with induction box

Sports back box

Result:196.8bhp

Car setup August 2007 ECC dyno:

Apexi Panel Filter

Denso iridium Ik20 spark plugs

Standard back box

Full flex Gold Biofuel adpater kit

Result: 217.5 bhp

So as you can see none of the other changes ive made since the first dyno added much power , probably a loss if anything. ie removing the induction kit and sports cat back. So running your car on E85 is a cheap power gain mod. Thats and increase of 20.7bhp.

Torque increased too, to 165lb f/t up from 150lb f/t

400 Euro well spent i think

And for anyone with a turbo should expect even bigger gains hopefully

Ill stick up the 2 graphs soon for comparison

All figures at the flywheel

Sounds good, what exactly does the kit do/contain of ??? is it easy to fit ? and how much is the bio fuel at the moment as im sure it will go up sooner or later

Its basically like a small piggy back ecu, it connects onto your injectors and onto the Battery. The unit automatically adjusts to whatever fuel you put in the car so if you cant find a garage that sells E85 you can just use normal unleaded. Over In Ireland, more and more garages are adopting the pumps to use this and its currently 95.6 cent(65 p) per litre and has been like this for months. Its environmentally friendly fuel so prices shouldn't go up to encourage people to make the change over. Not sure how it works with non standard ecu's but ill hopefully be doing that soon too.

Using it with your turbo Ellz, i could see it adding about 40bhp! remember that episode of top gear showing increases gained using different types of fuel.Similar story with E85 as its 104Ron Thor racing fuel type test

Sounds all gravy booby :D

Problem is that you had the dynos done on different machines, don't want to pee on your bonfire but as you know dyno results are a bit controversial on here :lol:

I am sure that you know the transmission losses are estimated to give power at the flywheel, so there is room for error between 2 set-ups on different dynos. Also things like air temperature and altitude have an effect on power.

So not saying there are no gains on bio just that you have an inconsistent base line for comparison.

Sounds all gravy booby :D

Problem is that you had the dynos done on different machines, don't want to pee on your bonfire but as you know dyno results are a bit controversial on here :lol:

I am sure that you know the transmission losses are estimated to give power at the flywheel, so there is room for error between 2 set-ups on different dynos. Also things like air temperature and altitude have an effect on power.

So not saying there are no gains on bio just that you have an inconsistent base line for comparison.

I know Mac but, ill go with the higher one!! There was another guy with me in a standard Altezza he got 195, Dizz got 196 in the same place a month ago, thats good enough for me

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links