Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Installed Angel Eyes

Grim Reepa

Hi All,

I finally got my angel eye mod installed yesterday and it looks the dogs nuts but I wanted some advice on how to make sure the lights don't fog up.

I used clear silicon to seal back the lights after I opened them and this seems fine, however, I ran the wires for the angel eyes out the existing side light hole. It now has an open hole at the back and I'm sure I need to seal it some how but I'm not quite sure what to seal it with.

I know a few here have the angel eye mod so any help with this will be much welcomed.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this mate.....I did just this and its been fine since I did it, but today I have had the car washed and the lights fogged up! :crybaby:

I have left all front lights on for about 30 mins and this cleared most of it but after leaving it a while it comes back again!.....does anyone know the best way to sort this out? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance as always!

I have no idea where you can buy these from as an aftermarket part, but when I worked in the headlight industry the best thing to use to cover the hole is a 'Gore-tex' patch.

Basically its a little nylon disc with goretex on the inside, stick it over the hole in your lights and these allow your headlights to breath without getting water in, but allow moist air out. I tried testing them in a variety of environmental test chambers and they work brilliantly.

You can also use a labyrinthe design which is found on some lights with a little rubber tube that fits onto a boss on the light and inside you put what looks like plastic moss. Same principle as the goretex. You could probably get these from a breakers yard, in an old japanese car, perhaps an older datsun or nissan.

• 2 weeks later...

i added sclia gel tapped to the back of the headlight cover on my pops volvo when i took the light apart !

i used the (salt :rolleyes: ) little bags that i got out of shoe boxes ect !!

the ones that say DO NOT EAT !! :D :D

it seemed to work.

Thats a great idea merlin99 :D i would have never have thought of that one.. cause my lights are fogging up too and was trying everyting to get rid off it even puts lots of clear silicone sealant in the top of the lights near the join to provent the rain runining up and under the bonnet..

Will pop into a shoe shoe to nik - borow the small bag of damp absorber gell.. :P

Cheers for the suggestion..

Dibslpg

as i said i tapped them to the back of the light cover in the volvo

not sure about the lexus tho !

not been in there to "have a play" yet :):)

oh sorry pete !

i have a strange mind and it comes up with strange results :)

lol no problem mate, its a great idea. I'm saving my bags up now :)

• 2 years later...
I am currently trying to install a set of angel eyes in my is200 but am struggling with separating the two halves of the light unit as there is so much sealant... any ideas...?

Iv already tried a hair drier?

Cheers

Heat gun or stick em in the oven (others have done this both successfully and unsuccessfully, be warned!!).....there are quite a few posts on opening the headlights up

• 4 years later...

I'm all the way in Africa (Nairobi, Kenya to be precise),

I would love to get the Angel-eyes Kit for my IS 200. Where would i get some? :eerrrmm:

there's loads here, take your pick Anthony.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xlexus+is200+angel+eyes&_nkw=lexus+is200+angel+eyes&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links