Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mintex Front Brake Pads

Professor_k

Hello People,

I have been quietly watching the forums and reading relevant posts and have decided on changing the brake pads on my Lexus IS200 Sport myself. From the recommendations here, I purchased a set of fronyt and rear Mintex pads from eBay which arrived today. On checking the items, the rear pads seems fine but on checking the front pads I noticed that on what would be the ourtermost pads on each side have only one "clip" on the end of the pad, illustrated here:

DSC00133.jpg (apologies for image quality)

I wasn't sure if this is how the design of the pad is meant to be or whether I have a faulty set of pads.

Closer up view of single pad: DSC00134.jpg.

On looking at my stock pads today, they appear to have two "clips" on either end of the pad.

Just wanted to confirm with any of you that have fitted mintex front pads on your IS200/300's whether what the goods I have received are fine or whether the pads I have are faulty and need to be returned?

Cheers in advance

Professor

I believe that's the squealie bit, yes.

Can't remember which way round they go, so check the ones that you take out, and fit the Mintex ones the same way.

If the rear ones are like the ones on the GS, they are VERY strange looking - to me at least! Pay attention when taking the old ones off so that you can figure out which way the clips go back on.

Well thankyou guys for replying so quickly and putting my mind at rest! I think I got a pretty good deal from eBay (£49.98 all inc for front and rear mintex) but I was just nervous that it was too good to be true! I believe Lexus OEM pads are of a comparable price if not costing more and I certainly won't be paying them to change the pads for me, I can put that money to alternative use!

Aztecbandit1 - Thankyou for the kind welcome, the more posts I read, the more I want to do mods to the car! I'm getting urges to paint the calipers, fit illuminated sills, upgrade the sound system............. Where do i start! lol :unsure: :)

Many thanks again to all of you, much appreciated.

Professor

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links