Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aghh Problem With Sat Nav On My Lex :(

TomCooper

imnot sure if its something simple or somethign i completly ballsed up... i changed the double din head unit in my lexus to a DVD unit, along with a pair of genesis 12's and amps in the boot all running off the new dvd headunit, i put it all back together and it sounds the nuts and looks the tits.. but...

my sat nav no longer works, the screen pops up but is just black, no nothing comes up, well i think there is soemthing on the screen, but seems to be missing the back light to light it up if you know what i mean????

any idea'd?

you sure it has anything to do with the new kit you put in?

it could be just the screen's ribbon cable finally giving up on you!

theres a couple of posts about it, might be worth giving that a go!

The sat nav is linked to the original stereo head unit so when you remove it the sat nav wont work if you pm FARGO he did a lead to fix this not sure if he still does though? I want to swap my headunit in mine but this is something thats been stopping me doing it as i keep going through my wiring diagrams but cant work it out as yet what wire needs to be connected to what to make the nav system work so if you find out would you let me know too :whistling:

didnt know that, good shout aztec.

a quick guestimate, must be because of the lovely lady who mutes our right front speaker when listening to music to tell us to "turn left at the next junction"

didnt know that, good shout aztec.

a quick guestimate, must be because of the lovely lady who mutes our right front speaker when listening to music to tell us to "turn left at the next junction"

lol yea i'll have a look and talk to fargo, cheers maties

• 8 months later...

i thought 55 bar was fair, considering a good sat nav is £200, and lexus standard stereo is good but most people want more bass, clarity and reliability, just ordered mine, cheers fargo saved me 145 quid, and my dvd player will work again whey hey :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links