Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

11 Speaker Sound System On Rx400h

So I am in the process of buying a used RX400h SE with the Muti-Media pack option. The car was registered Feb06.

My understanding was when I agreed to buy that the car would basically have everything the SE-L model has except the ICE system which I was fine with. Given the car had the Multi Media pack I was expecting it to have the 11 speaker system.

I am now informed by the saleman that the 11 speaker system did not get introduced on the RX400h SE-L (and therfore as an option on the SE) until 6 months ago, despite this being available on the RX300 and RX350.

So my question is is this information correct? Is there anyone out there with an RX400h SE-L or and RX400h SE with Media pack option that was registered around the same time as FEB06 that has the 11 speaker sound system?

Alternatively does anyone know if this information is correct?

I pick the car up Friday and want to know if to kick up a bit of a fuss.

I'm sorry that I cannot help you with that answer - but you might be better off calling Lexus Customer Services to see if they could clarify. Have the chassis number to hand as well as the registration. Remember, if the vehicle is 'not as described' then you can walk away without hassel. They wont like it, but there isn't didly the Dealership can do to stop you. You have the law on your side.

As an example, I placed a deposit (£1,000) on a used BMW 330d on the understanding that it had bi-xenons. Salesman verbally assured me that it had this spec. and on that basis I left the deposit. I am never trusting of Salesmans, so I called BMW to double check the options...guess what? Car had xenons only. I simply called the Dealership and informed them that the car was not as descrbied, that I considered them to be in breach of contract and I no longer had any interest the car. I therefore expected them to return my deposit, in full and without issue. Within three days I had a letter explaining that the cheque would be with me for the full amount in ten days.

I got my deposit back, no issue. It really is that simple. If you're not happy and you have a valid reason (car spec. is different to what you were lead to believe) you are in the right and no matter what the Dealership say, they can't do anything to force you to buy.

Hi Shopper,

My 400h registered March 06,is an SE with Sat Nav (what you refer to as Multimedia), I don't think the option became called multimedia until 2007 when they upgraded the resolution on the screen etc (does it also play DVD in the front?????).

I certainly don't have 11 speakers. Whether the SE-L Mark Levenson better stereo has 11 speakers I don't know for model year 2006, I doubt it!

All that said, the stereo in my car blows your head off anyway, so I'm sure it won't disappoint you, I was amazed with it.

Cheers

Jon

Hi Shopper,

My 400h registered March 06,is an SE with Sat Nav (what you refer to as Multimedia), I don't think the option became called multimedia until 2007 when they upgraded the resolution on the screen etc (does it also play DVD in the front?????).

I certainly don't have 11 speakers. Whether the SE-L Mark Levenson better stereo has 11 speakers I don't know for model year 2006, I doubt it!

All that said, the stereo in my car blows your head off anyway, so I'm sure it won't disappoint you, I was amazed with it.

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jon thanks for the reply

When you say "does it also play DVD in the front?????)." What do you mean by this? It (according to the A4 spec sheet I have) has DVD SATNAV.

I assume yours has the reversing camera, European SatNav and the Electric tailgate?

Simon

HI,

Yes I have the DVD based European Sat Nav, but all this means is that the maps come on a single DVD, not a whole bunch of CD's (Interestingly a work collegue has just got a new Freelander 2, and the maps come on 3 DVD's, not 1 - that's a lot of data).

I have electric tailgate and reversing camera.

All this is standard for cars delivered in 2006.

After I purchase mine, they have improved the spec of the SAT NAV, the screen resolution has doubled (or better), my question was to the owners of the newer version, can the system now play a DVD movie on the front screen by replacing the map DVD with a movie? (ignoring the SE-L retro fit DVD player under the seat), because mine definitely does not.

I've seen the new set up in an IS250, the screen has better resolution, but it did not appear to have any more functions or features.

Cheers

Jon

So I am in the process of buying a used RX400h SE with the Muti-Media pack option. The car was registered Feb06.

My understanding was when I agreed to buy that the car would basically have everything the SE-L model has except the ICE system which I was fine with. Given the car had the Multi Media pack I was expecting it to have the 11 speaker system.

I am now informed by the saleman that the 11 speaker system did not get introduced on the RX400h SE-L (and therfore as an option on the SE) until 6 months ago, despite this being available on the RX300 and RX350.

So my question is is this information correct? Is there anyone out there with an RX400h SE-L or and RX400h SE with Media pack option that was registered around the same time as FEB06 that has the 11 speaker sound system?

Yes, just brought a late '06 model and I was told exactly the same thing, higher resolution, Mark Levinson, 11spks. I was also told the ICE is no longer available from Lexus as it is close to £3k to be fitted, however, I had an Alpine system which is supposed to be a lot better than the Lexus one fitted for £1.5k It is nicely done as well!

Yes, just brought a late '06 model and I was told exactly the same thing, higher resolution, Mark Levinson, 11spks. I was also told the ICE is no longer available from Lexus as it is close to £3k to be fitted, however, I had an Alpine system which is supposed to be a lot better than the Lexus one fitted for £1.5k It is nicely done as well!

After I purchase mine, they have improved the spec of the SAT NAV, the screen resolution has doubled (or better), my question was to the owners of the newer version, can the system now play a DVD movie on the front screen by replacing the map DVD with a movie? (ignoring the SE-L retro fit DVD player under the seat), because mine definitely does not.

Yes - I currently have an 07 SE-L. You can watch a DVD on the front screen by using the 6 disc changer (not replacing the map DVD).

The changer suppors DVDs, MP3 and WMA (as well as normal Audio CDs)

N.B. This will not output onto the rear headrests - that is still controlled via the seperate DVD player under the driver's seat.

Unless you're interested in just hearing the audio from your DVD, you cant drive'n'watch anyway, so probably more of a gimmik than anything useful if you ask me.

It is also the higher resolution screen as you have suggested. You can tell instantly that its more up to date - same as all new IS series.

When you reverse, the newer model screens/sat nav systems have the 3 sets of car outline on the screen - green, red and yellow/orange iirc. The green is static, the yellow moves about as you turn the steering wheel, and the red, well, make sure you dont make contact with anything with the red line! lol.

D. B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links