Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls 430 Stereo Has No Sound!

Hello fellow Lexus Owners

I am now on my second Lexus, a 2001 ls430 which I have had for 2 years and enjoyed 70,000 trouble free miles which added to the 250,000 in my '97 LS 400 means I've spent a lot of time behind the wheel of a Lexus and plan to remain that way!! Sadly however my sound system (Mark Levinson) no longer has any sound and I'm being subjected to the noise of three teenagers!!! Help!! The radio, CD & tape controls all seem to function fine and appear in the Sat Nav window but there is no volume. Does anyone know if there is a separate amplifier to this system and if so a separate fuse perhaps? and if so where that might be located? Please let me know.

• Like 1

Hi,

I think the amplifier is in the boot, under the two side pieces either side of the spare wheel well (sat nav dvd is on the drivers side at the very back) if you look at this eBay listing there is a picture of it out of the car ( its the bright silver bit on the left in the first picture)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...650951&rd=1

Looking in my owners book there are three fuse boxes under the bonnet, one in each front kick panel and one in the boot!!!! will take a week to check them all!!!

I'd start with the one in the boot....

If you can't find anything then try Lexus, I had mine checked over by them when I bought it and they did a full check for £50 + vat. They said if they find anything wrong they would knock the £50 off the bill if I got them to fix it... didn't seem too bad to me...

Good luck

Pete

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
Hi Nigel,

Did you ever resolve the Radio problem on yuour LS430. I have the same problem at the moment. Please do let me know if you have any useful information.

Bets regards,

Adam

Hi Adam it may also be possable you have bought nigellexus's old car as the post is 3 years old.

• 14 years later...

Hi I have a 2002 Lexus Ls430 and yes no sound checked the fuses and replaced the amp a pioneer amp . still no sound . I get a display from head unit and my cd and tape deck work . when I move the volume control does it show a number on how loud or soft the volume should be ? I have disconnected the Battery both cables for more than 5 minutes to maybe get a radio reset ? Thanks everthing else works at 286 thousand miles !!!

• Like 1

Hi

Have you checked the the fuses in the drivers footwell?

Do you know if the amp powers up? i.e have you checked to see if fans are spinning when powered on?

The LS430 has a seperate amplifier located on the right hand side of the boot (need to removing lining to access it) If the amplifier develops a fault you will have no sound.

One way to check the amplifier is powering up is observe to amp to see if the cooling fans are spinning

Mine developed a fault where the power supply packed up - I got mine repaired

You can also follow ths video to do a diganostic which tells you if amp is connected or not:

This video shows how to access the amplifier:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links