Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Am I Getting Ripped Off

Parf

Hi Guys,

My Altezza is in for its SVA and they have come back and told me the following is wrong:

Nearside front shock absorber £75.63 + vat

Offside front lower suspension ball joint £48.89 + vat

Nearside front lower suspension ball joint £48.89 + vat

Are these prices reasonable or am I getting ripped off. They also want £120 + VAT to fit it all.

I dont understand how only one shock can go either.

Does anyone know of uprated suspension for a reasonable price so that i can change it all in one go. I have tried searching but cant seem to find many people who do suspension kits for Altezza's

Do UK Lexus IS200 kits fit the Altezza?

Cheers

Mark

You ain't getting ripped off, those prices are spot on/cheap.

You CAN replace 1 shock at a time. I'm having to replace 1 strut only after my crash. It is not neccessary to replace both shocks, but bare in mind my Tein Flex shocks have only had about 10,000 miles on them.

1 shock can fail, maybe one side of the car took more punishment. Typically it is my left ball joint that goes with all the stanks and broken tarmac on the left side of the road.

If you are wanting to change to Altezza suspension, you would be best advised to speak to someone like Gareth at Envy or Dave at Pro-Lex UK. They would advise you as to what is best, but I would advise you to get Tein CS for ride comfort or Tein Flex for good handling but still OK for the road. Price about £900 for 4 shocks. You can get an electronic damping controller for about £250 also. Prolex or Envy can order them for you.

Ive had a hunt around and found bottom ball joints for £32.50+VAT each and 4 KYB shocks for £105+VAT so looking at it the prices arent that good.

I was told that for the SVA only the ride height has to be the same and with adjustable suspension it can just be wound up to the right height.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links