Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Showroom Shine

We get a mobile car valeter coming to work once a week but I don't usually get him to do my car as I prefer to do it myself. Saw his flyer today and it said he did scratch removal, so I thought I may give him a go (I drive a Royal Sapphire IS - say no more!).

He quoted me £50 to try and get rid of some nasty scratches near the rear screen, and some lighter ones along the nearside doors. Included in the price was wash, polish, windows cleaned inside, dash polished and vacuumed throughout. Well, I couldn't get over the results - talk about showroom, absolutely fantastic. He got most of the scratches out using a compound and managed to disguise some of the deeper ones so they aren't noticeable unless you know where they are.

THe overall finish of the car is great, really impressed - well worth £50! I'm camping out by the car scaring off the birds ;)

To be honest, I'm not that worried about the interior. The dog only goes in the car about 3 times a year when we go walking in the Lake District. And you're right - my wife did say that Holly's fur would match the interior! :D

I can keep the inside clean. I'm worried about what some bast'd might do to the outside whilst it's parked somewhere :crybaby:

don`t want to put a dampner on your joy but i had a similer thing done to a vectra i had (north cape in colour which is a dark purple flip). once it had rained a few times all the scratchs reappeared :( hope you have better luck .

He machine compounded it with something he tells me is used by Bodyshops (don't know the name), and told me Metallic T-Cut is a bit harsh for the paintwork on Lexus'.

The mains scratches I was worried about haven't reappeared, but I guess if there's going to be any showing again it'll be after I wash the car.

I've noticed though that the front of the bonnet is covered in stone chips though - I hadn't really noticed them before, but this could just be that I'm looking closer. May try and tackle some of these myself?!?!?!

Maybe after I've washed the car if the weather's ok this weekend... :shifty:

Now that you've got all the scratches out, get it Diamondbrite'ed. The water (and all the other S***) just runs off it and doesnt harm the paintwork.

I've had it done to mine and would deffinatly recomend it.

I was thinking about that. I'm toying with the idea of buying the car when my lease contract is up in just over a years time. How much does it cost? I may hang off and do it if I buy the car, it'll seem like a waste if I'm handing the car back :blink:

My Dad got his 5 Series done by a BMW dealer and it was getting on for £200. But you can buy all the stuff yourself. If you go to www.jewelultra.com all the info is on there, I gave them a ring, bought the pack with the conserver and shampoo (I think it was about £39) and it comes will all the instructions to do it yourself.

Once you've put it on, you wash it off, and it gets into all the little nooks and crannies, unlike wax and as long as you was it in their shampoo afterwards, the hard shell will last for ages and probably only needs done once a year, if that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links