Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Help

PiratePete

I wanna buy em but can't fit em till May. (long story)

Any suggestions for where to fit the Ballast things ,

I saw somone had em fitted behind the front bumper underneath the headlights.

1. I want to just do the dipped headlights on my IS200 so I need an HB4/9006 kit ?

2. Do I get replacement bulbs and how much are the new bulbs to replace ?

3. What was the names of the eBay suplliers used ?

4. Anyone got a proper walkthru & pics etc ?

5. What temp bulbs for whitest light ?

1. Dipped beams are all you need... you will find you hardly have to use full beam anymore.

2. It's a complete kit, ballasts, bulbs and wiring.

3. I got mine from http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/diane-shop/ they work out at £46 inclusive at the moment. took 12 days to arrive, plus not paid any duty either..

4. come with instructions, but it's all just plug n play.

5. as near to 5800 for the whitest, brightest.. I got 6000K OEM are 4300 I think, but aftermarket are usually a higher K

John

I think the 4300K bulbs are the whitest that are available on the kits. Like Einstein, I got 6000K for mine, white with a very slight hint of blue. Any higher than 6000K and you get into the blues and eventually purples which is not my cup of tea.

I have the ballasts in the front bumper fixed using one of the headlamp bolts. Not sure how easy that is on the IS's, but on the Mk1 GS it was a doddle. Keeps everything completely out of sight.

I don't think a walk through is really needed, they are plug and play and you can only plug things in where they are meant to go. If they don't light up, try turning the connector around that goes to the vehicle loom and they should then work (unless the kit is broken of course).

You buy extra wiring with relays to take the power direct from the Battery, but on Jap cars the headlight wiring is more than capable..

Lets be honest, they only draw 35watts, unlike a normal bulb at 55 or 60watts... admittedly they do draw a bit more on startup, but negligable for the time they take..

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links