Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Next Mod - Suspension

Rob's Lexx

Its about time that i invest in some suspension components to complement to s/c setup.

I used to have a front strut brace and although that improved things a little, it doesn't now fit over the TTE airbox, and i want a far better setup anyway.

I dont have the kinda cash to warrant buying coilovers, so it looks like TTE/eibach loweringh springs are on the cards. Are there any other good quality brands anyone could reccomend that may be worth me considering(link, prices appreciated)??

Additionally, i think i'd be wise buying some uprated ARB's (sway bars), but am stumped as to what to go for. So far, i've found the following:

C-One Front and Rear ARBs from Prolex @ £347

Prolex C-One ARBs

TRD Front and Rear stabiliser bar sets from Greenline Japan @ ~ £205 + P&P

Cusco Front and Rear stabiliser bars from Greenline Japan @ ~ £156 + P&P

Cusco & TRD ARBs - about half way down

Firstly, should the two products from Greenline fit my 2000 IS 200?? i assume the 1G-FE VVTi Tezza has same chasis/suspension??

Also, what would you guys reccomend if it were your car and your money?

I notice that the TRD bars come with bushes but the cusco one's do not (not sure how much of an effect this will have)

Cheers

Rob

Im in the same boat as you mate, as you well know :shifty:

Im going for the cusco arb's, bars and struts.

Looking at Greenline im pretty sure they will fit the uk is200, i believe the chassis is the same on the altezza anyway, the uk lex is a 1G-FE.

Before i found out about my deal my mate will be doing with greenline i was going to just get the Tein S tech springs. I was however going to get new coilovers to put the springs on, mainly because my car is seven years old and didn't want to put new uprated springs on crappy old coilovers. i found a set of KYB shocks for £200 for the full set!!!!

I spoke with Tony from WIM and he said just doing the springs is fine and you will not have any problems.

It might be worth sending greenline an email to see if they can source the Tein S tech springs, as my mate is getting some for his 200sx S14A and they are about £50 for the set, instead of the £176 they charge over here!!!!!!

Jason :P

any idea how heavy the arbs will be?? i need to weigh up buying from Japan + postage to buying over here with postage.

Is there any benefit getting the TRD or c-one arbs over the cusco, as they come with mounts etc whereas the cusco ones do not??

I presume the TRD arbs are the TRD red and not the better yellow version??

@Jason, i'm not really a fan of the Teins S.Tech as they lower the rear less than the front and IMHO, the rear needs to be lowered more than the front, or at least the same amount.

cheers

rob

Mine are the Yellow ones & came with the bushes so really tightened up the handling. Cant find the ratings but they are substantially stiffer than the standards. If you can get the ratings on the stiffening then you can compare.

According to the greenline website, the TRD arbs have a spring rate of 49% up at the front and 99% up at the rear, is this the ratings you are on about Rogue?

Dave, can you give ratings for the c-one ARBs please??

I got TRD anti-roll bars on my GS (complete with TRD bushes). Single best mod I've ever put on my car.

I also fitted Tein CS coilovers, did complete setup including geo and corner weighting, played around with the damper settings and ride height.

I'd recommend strut bracing all round (upper and lower), but that's only AFTER coilovers have been fitted. I'd spend cash on adjustable coilovers before bracing.

The TRD anti roll bars were very heavy (the front one anyway), so postage from Japan prob won't be cheap.

Good luck!

@Jason, i'm not really a fan of the Teins S.Tech as they lower the rear less than the front and IMHO, the rear needs to be lowered more than the front, or at least the same amount.

cheers

rob

Know what you mean, that was my only concern with getting the S tech springs, although now im going for coilovers so shouldn't be any problem!

There is a rough guide to postage on the greenline website, although your best bet is to just send them an email and see what they say the price will be delivered!

Im going for the cusco stuff all round but thats only because im getting the cusco braces and strut bars so it makes sense getting the same all round. Plus it fits within my budget then!

Either one you buy mate will make a big difference by the looks of it!

Jason :P

Just an added note, I have the S.Techs and it has dramatically reduced the ride height at the back :D Looks really good now and a few others have pointed this out.

I'm getting the Cusco ARBs at some point - not sure when though :whistling:

I've got the Cusco chassis braces as well as rear boot brace, so just need the ARBs to complete.

Jamie

According to the greenline website, the TRD arbs have a spring rate of 49% up at the front and 99% up at the rear, is this the ratings you are on about Rogue?

I believe the C-one ARB's are almost exactly the same rating.

Stav

Rob

Yep thats the figures I mean, heres a link to previous thread that may help

ARB's

Hope this helps

cheers for the link mate.

From that thread, lee was saying how he has TRD yellows and they have exactly the same stifness rating as the TRD ones from greenline (however, the yellows are no longer available, so maybe these TRD ones have takenb there place??)

The l-tuned ARBs seem a good price:

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=637 ($350 delivered)

There's a few brands out there, but i really have no idea what the best ones to go for are?

The TRD yellows are the ones you want, there hollow and light but super stiff,

But they don't make them any more so there getting rarer.

I love the C-one's i got and i'm more than happy with them.

Stav

emailed greenline 2 days ago and still not heard back from them.....

Dave/Prolex, what's the stiffness of the c-one arbs over OEM??

also, do these uprated arbs replace the stock ones, or do they fit over them (essentially having both on the car)?

Adie, dont know about the TTE arb's, they're not on their website.

I had a reply from greenline and i was plesently surprised!! The TRD arb's are the top of the range yellow arb's, being sold at about £350 a set last year IIRC. They come to £280 all in (inc delivery and paypal charges). The cusco one's come in at £230 all in.

The front TRD arb is in limited stock and the rear on a 2 week back order - but not a biggie either way!

What would you guys go for? TRD, cusco or c-one??

I assume these (for GXE10 chasis) will DEFINITELY fit an IS200??

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links