Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Pioneer Avic-x3

Hi all,

Ive got a 2004 IS200 SE and i have been toying with the idea of getting one of these installed as i went and did something stupid.............I bought an IS200 without the sat nav and thought well......if i want sat nav why not a touch screen MP3 and dvd player as well! lol......

Has anyone got anything similar to this or even got one of these in there car to give any advice or thoughts on putting one of these in the car?!?!?

Cheers,

Matt

Here is the link to the product.....

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/10/20...C-X3/index.html

lots of info in My Install POST

You will need one of these Autoleads Fascia FP-25-00 so you can

fit the unit in the dash but read my post first and it explains a fair

bit about this and what you can do to improve the looks with pictures

to give examples etc too.

Feel free to add comments if you have any.

Are you keeping the Lexus amp and speakers ?

If so you will need a Bypass Lead available from E-Bay,

if not rip it all out and upgrade like I did.

any problems send me a PM

Hope this info helps you out.

Best Regards

Wozza

Cheers mate your a star!!!!

Im assuming then that to simply replace the head unit is not an easy task on mine?? Am i right in saying mine has the amp then or do all IS200's come with it?

I have just seen that there is the AVIC-D3 which is all built in to a double din slot which looks quite nice as i am thinking about trying to keep it looking standard if you get me??!?

I am just a bit concerned though as i have got the modding bug before from doing little bits then ended up spending thousands on a show car and dont want to do it to this! So if a new head unit means a new set of speakers or a load of bypasses then i might have to get a company to fit it for me or alternatively just get a tomtom for sat nav and be done with it!

Cheers,

Matt

Did you read my install post and see the pictures ?

The SE & Sport are the ones with the amp. It is behind the glovebox on the left bulkhead.

There is a Double din facia you cut to fit

TOYOTABLANKINGPLATE1.jpg

TOYOTA Part No 55413-53010

You will need to mod the heated seat switches though if you use this part,

or the Autoleads Facia can be assembled to accept the Double din very easily. :D

I believe the Bypass lead I mention above goes into the back of the new Head Unit,

and into the speaker lead from the Amp hence the name .

I hope I have that correct, but I think that is how it works, Sparkystav or another

member who has that Mod will be along and confirm this for ya.

Then you can keep the stock Lexus speakers :yahoo:

That should be problem solved for you .

Thats not bad and there is a store about 3 mins from where i work so that might be a buy it and get it fitted while i work! lol.....

....Well am partial to the fold out X3 as i like the way they hide away but the double din unit does look a bit more standard, think i might pop in to the shop when im on lunch tomorrow and have a look to see what they are like! =]

And a facia kit and bypass lead shouldnt come to a hill of beans i'd imagine after about £1300 on the unit itself! lol......

Apart from......................Pioneer havent yet released any of the X3's for sale as yet and there is going to be a launch sometime in November.........Well at least it gives me a bit of time to save and could always call it a christmas present to myself!!!! lol...............

........It annoys me when they advertise stuff you cant buy for a month or 2 as it spoils the fun!!! grrrrrrrr. lol....

I believe the Bypass lead I mention above goes into the back of the new Head Unit,

I hope I have that correct, but I think that is how it works, Sparkystav or another

I don't have the Mod but what Wozza is saying is spot on.

One side of the lead had an ISO standard connector to attach to the stereo, and the other side a socket the plug one of the plugs from the amp goes into, then you can remove the amp, have an after market stereo, and not have to change all the speakers.

Hope this helps.

Stav.

I don't have the Mod but what Wozza is saying is spot on.

One side of the lead had an ISO standard connector to attach to the stereo, and the other side a socket the plug one of the plugs from the amp goes into, then you can remove the amp, have an after market stereo, and not have to change all the speakers.

Hope this helps.

Stav.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links