Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there,

I have just ordered a new IS250 SE Auto (really looking forward to taking delivery of it) and I wondered if anyone had fitted a towbar on one?

I was thinking about fitting a Witter removable towbar, but I'm not sure if that's a good one to go for.

cheers

I know mine’s the old model, but Brink seems to be the only firm making them to find any Lexus. I think that Brink make the Lexus branded ones too. Anyway, I’ve got a Brink removable one on my IS300. It looks, fits and works fine.

Sorry Matt555

But as you stated it's a personal thing and the Lexey looks great with the van :shifty:

Does wonders for the aerodynamics too...people who tow 'vans need to be reincarnated as snails...sorry but we have enough congestion.

Ok Guy's :offtopic:

I'm finding it quite funny how this resentment for Caravaner's is :whistling:

Ok a few Facts

Motorways i stick at 60MPH 10 MPH below the LEGAL limit when towing and there are two lanes available for those in a hurry to pass.

Other roads I tow at the LEGAL limits 30 and 40 MPH so no problem there unless you want to break the law and overtake me.

Ok inclines i may slow down a bit but no slower than say a lorry or heavy loaded van

I think you guys watch to much top gear (As I do) differance is i do not get sucked in by Clarksons Views.

That's my two penny's worth :winky:

Have Nice Day you all :P

I think you guys watch to much top gear (As I do) differance is i do not get sucked in by Clarksons Views.

I had my views when Clarkson was a junior reporter for my local newspaper, so nothing to do with watching TG.

Even though two of my mates are enthusiastic caravanners (have just got back from a long week in the New Forest), I just cannot see the attraction of dragging a caravan around. However, it would be a shame if we all held the same views on everything.... :whistling:

Ok a few Facts

Motorways i stick at 60MPH 10 MPH below the LEGAL limit when towing and there are two lanes available for those in a hurry to pass.

Other roads I tow at the LEGAL limits 30 and 40 MPH so no problem there unless you want to break the law and overtake me.

Ok inclines i may slow down a bit but no slower than say a lorry or heavy loaded van.

I don't have much concern with caravans now; I am retired and drive in a more leisurely fashion than I used to. However, when my business was in Bugle Street in Southampton and I needed to visit clients all over Hampshire and Dorset and Wiltshire, the summer caravanners used to drive me crackers.

On motorways and dual carriageways, not a problem, but on twisty country roads with a 60 mph limit they could be a real PITA, not least because they seemed to enjoy driving in convoy. I suppose they thought they were choosing quiet roads and staying away from the major traffic routes, but for those of us who needed to get to appointments in the smaller places around Andover, Salisbury, Romsey etc they were a menace.

It isn't only about driving at the legal limit leddy, it is about how long it takes you to get to it.

I know that commercials create similar holdups, but at least they have an economic reason to be there.

One of the reasons that I really liked going to Guernsey was that they did not allow touring caravans. I believe that they are now considering letting them in, but only to travel on designated routes from the ferry to a campsite on specific dates. Perhaps we should consider something similar in the UK.

Rant over

Ok a few Facts

Ok inclines i may slow down a bit but no slower than say a lorry or heavy loaded van.

I don't have much concern with caravans now; I am retired and drive in a more leisurely fashion than I used to. However, when my business was in Bugle Street in Southampton and I needed to visit clients all over Hampshire and Dorset and Wiltshire, the summer caravanners used to drive me crackers.

On motorways and dual carriageways, not a problem, but on twisty country roads with a 60 mph limit they could be a real PITA, not least because they seemed to enjoy driving in convoy. I suppose they thought they were choosing quiet roads and staying away from the major traffic routes, but for those of us who needed to get to appointments in the smaller places around Andover, Salisbury, Romsey etc they were a menace.

It isn't only about driving at the legal limit leddy, it is about how long it takes you to get to it.

I know that commercials create similar holdups, but at least they have an economic reason to be there.

One of the reasons that I really liked going to Guernsey was that they did not allow touring caravans. I believe that they are now considering letting them in, but only to travel on designated routes from the ferry to a campsite on specific dates. Perhaps we should consider something similar in the UK.

Rant over

Looking on the positive side it's probably preferable to people buying second homes in the West Country and driving the property prices out of reach for the locals :whistling: . There are whole villages now that mostly have only weekend habitation.

Looking on the positive side it's probably preferable to people buying second homes in the West Country and driving the property prices out of reach for the locals :whistling: . There are whole villages now that mostly have only weekend habitation.

Not sure your average Grockle owner is an aspiring 2nd home owner.

Ok Guy's :offtopic:

I'm finding it quite funny how this resentment for Caravaner's is :whistling:

Ok a few Facts

Ok inclines i may slow down a bit but no slower than say a lorry or heavy loaded van

That's my two penny's worth :winky:

Have Nice Day you all :P

You tell 'em Leddy. Glad you're finding it funny.

I can just picture you, (Howard and Hilda) 500 cars held up and Mrs Leddy going hell for leather with those needles, knitting a couple of bobble hats!

Good evening campers!

You tell 'em Leddy. Glad you're finding it funny.

I can just picture you, (Howard and Hilda) 500 cars held up and Mrs Leddy going hell for leather with those needles, knitting a couple of bobble hats!

Good evening campers!

Exiled (nice Name is that what you are)

How did u know my names Howard :whistling: and the wife is knitting me a lovley jumper do you want one too :winky:

Love the comments being generated here not bad for some one who wanted advice on a towbar.

WHAT A WORLD WE LIVE IN

TTFN :P

Exiled (nice Name is that what you are)

How did u know my names Howard :whistling: and the wife is knitting me a lovley jumper do you want one too :winky:

Love the comments being generated here not bad for some one who wanted advice on a towbar.

WHAT A WORLD WE LIVE IN

TTFN :P

:offtopic:

Fraid so Leddy, I'm also psychic.

Bit more information for you, on the news today. Due to increasing road congestion the government, in addition to using the hard shoulder on motorways are piloting a sheme (running north to south), whereby the central reservation will be used by caravans, they are initially looking for volunteers as no return routes are planned.

Does Mrs Leddy fancy living in France?

OK guys, couldn't resist bringing this over from WIM...I'd like to think it's a photoshop or perhaps its for towing his jetski trailer and someone played a joke :whistling:

post601193331767xz0.jpg

• 2 months later...
Just had a witter detachable tow bar fitted to my is220d for pulling my Caravan

total cost £356 Lexus wanted £780 well recomended it's strong and looks neat and tidy

Cheers Leddy

Hi can you tell me where you had the tow bar fitted and no its not for a caravan its to tow my race bike to race meetings

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links