Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car Battery

navstar

I've noticed first thing in the morning of the last two days, the car is struggling to start. I have to considerablly put the foot on the gas to start it up. Whilst, doing this, I hear a clicking sound.

To be honest, I drive to the local station which is a 5mins drive which is the only mileage I do during the week which could be part of the cause as the car barely charges up. I assume, it could be the sudden drop in temperature which doesn't help.

When I drive back home in the evening, the car starts up immediately.

Would you recommend de-ionised water. It this is not needed, what type of Battery or make would be recommended for a is200 se, x reg and from where. I live in W. London.

navstar.

its prob the short runs the car is getting and the cold nights m8 after start up it will take about 9 miles to fully charge your bettery with you using heaters/lights ect in morning

try a good run one night and see how it starts in morning ??

if it is still the same i would get a Battery check free at most garages cos your Battery is prob on way out

If you do need a new one the Bosch Asia Silver - 6DA is supposed to be a good Battery, however when i changed mine a year odd ago the negative terminal would not fit properly :question: :duh: :blink: twas very bizzare as many other members have got them fitted.....Costo sell them at a good price. I ended up going for the Halfords HD one

I always thought optima yellow top batteries are the nuts, but thats because i use to run hydraulics and a shed load of ICE so had 3 batteries on the car! lol.....

Definately sounds like it needs a good run and if yours is a manual run it in at higer revs than usual becuase its not how long the car is running but how fast as its the engine speed that charges the Battery quicker and not the time! On tick over you use about as much as you use so give it a good run and if not get it checked out as the guys have suggested!!! =]

Matt

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links