Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New 102ron Fuel

tyrone

my mate was telling me that there is a new 102ron fuel out now n theres only 8 petrol stations in the UK that sell this stuff but comes at a price of £2.42 a litre

yup u heard that wright me mate put £30 in his scooby and got just a little over 11litres but said it makes the car perform even better

can this stuff be put into a IS200 if so i might put a bit in see what difference it makes?

my mate was telling me that there is a new 102ron fuel out now n theres only 8 petrol stations in the UK that sell this stuff but comes at a price of £2.42 a litre

yup u heard that wright me mate put £30 in his scooby and got just a little over 11litres but said it makes the car perform even better

can this stuff be put into a IS200 if so i might put a bit in see what difference it makes?

Posted this quite a while ago if you mean the BP 102 Octane...it's intended for track days and race cars which is why you'lll find the retailers selling it are near circuits. No point in putting it in a road car unless it's modified to use it....new ecu or switched ecu. Your mate must be imagining the performance increase if he's only used 11 litres....won't make a difference.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...ic=32675&hl

There isn't a chance in hell I'd spend £2.42 on a litre of fuel. I'd rather spend the extra £1.42 per litre on enjoying myself. Your friend would not notice any performance increase after just putting 11 litres in, it's a well known fact that it takes a couple of tanks for the car to get used to the new fuel and with a standard ECU I struggle to see how it could make a difference. I agree with Tango, he must be imagining it - it's a placebo effect.

You will notice no discernable difference in putting 102RON fuel in an IS200, except a very large and unnecessary dent in your wallet.

I didn't say that, what I said was that the person that put this fuel in would not have been able to notice an immediate difference because it takes a couple of tankfulls for the car to adjust.

I don't see how by putting a higher octane rating in a car by itself you will notice a huge difference, you have to do it in conjunction with an uprated ECU, filters, exhaust and so on.

But if you read the post I did not say the ECU could not adjust. :)

So your saying the standard ecu and knock sensor cannot adjust the timing to take advantage of the higher ron fuel?

It would be pointless unless you also want to run vastly higher compression, or forced induction with a very high boost (which amounts to much the same thing).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links