Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thanks stej.. :blink: lol .. I would love to be able to help but firstly the spoiler i am just about to fix is a WRX spoiler, AND SECONDLY :whistling: It will be my first time at fitting a spoiler myself. My only word of advise is measure twice drill once.. Good luck let us know how it goes... and as for £120 now you can see why i am doing mine myself. Its bad enough that at some stage i need to get somebody to spray it dark green, but for the moment its going to be fitted in its black colour

cheers

jac

Yeah, sorry jac, forgot yours was a 'none-standard' fit!

Can't see this being a major drama though. Haven't done it on a GS but have dabbled on a few others in the past.

RandyR has done his, and says the wiring is already in place on the loom to accept the rear brakelight (presuming the existing wiring & plug are in tact)

Hardest part is likely to be neatly plumbing your wiring rather than the actual drilling.

Hell all

I will be fitting a standard Mk1 GS300 spoiler Saturday after next to finish the sport upgrade on my Mk1 GS300.

It will be fitted at a car body shop by a friend of a friend as a favour.

I will be assisting and can post details of how it was fitted if it's not too late.

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

How did you get on fitting the spoiler... Finally got mine back today fuly resprayed.. will fit it at the weekend.. although the guy who sprayed it for me did say he would fit it for £60. ;) Just paid £80 for the respray so think i will still stick to doing it myself... :ph34r:

jac

Hi All

Finally got my sport boot spoiler fitted.

Carefully marked fixing points on boot lid.

Drilled two holes either side using air drill.

Only problem I encountered was the fact that one of the holes came out over part of the boot frame which is double skinned so had to enlarge hole to get bolt to seat correctly.

Looks ok, position may be a touch too far forward on the boot lid but only 2-3mm, not really noticable unless you are really fussy like I am.

Keith

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links