Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not personally, but there have been posts in the past from people who have done this and heard no bad stuff.

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply, the only drawback is the fact that it is very expensive locally at £1750 plus VAT

Cheers

Probsat

Not personally, but there have been posts in the past from people who have done this and heard no bad stuff.

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply, the only drawback is the fact that it is very expensive locally at £1750 plus VAT

Cheers

Probsat

I have been running cars (including a few Lexus's) on LPG for years now and never had a problem. i have just had a GS300 Sport gassed up and cost me £950 inc vat, for the single point system, they offered the multi point for £1300 took them 2 days and did a quality job too.

Hi Chris

Cheers

Probsat

I have been running cars (including a few Lexus's) on LPG for years now and never had a problem. i have just had a GS300 Sport gassed up and cost me £950 inc vat, for the single point system, they offered the multi point for £1300 took them 2 days and did a quality job too.

Hi

I assume that you had your work done in Plymouth, have you got a contact number please.

What is the economy and performance like?

What is the advantage of the mutipoint?

Sorry for all of the questions

Cheers

Probsat

Hi Chris

Cheers

Probsat

Hi

I assume that you had your work done in Plymouth, have you got a contact number please.

Cheers

Probsat

Yes it was in Plym 01752 249915

Economy is great 80 - 110 miles for £10 of LPG

Multi point better economy but only by something like 3% but more parts to go wrong, so i chose single point which i have always used with no problems.

Hi Chris

Cheers

Probsat

Hi

Cheers

Probsat

Multi point better economy but only by something like 3% but more parts to go wrong, so i chose single point which i have always used with no problems.

Hi Again

Many thanks I will give them a call

probsat

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Had the Lexus converted this week took them 4 days but a truely splendid job. Decided on the BRC Multi point sequential system with 70 litre tank. Had multi lube fitted to protect the valves because of the longer LPG burning time.

This morning the outside temp wae -3 degrees, started up the engine on petrol and within 2 minutes driving it had automatically changed over to gas. A warm engine takes between 10 and 15 seconds to change to gas

Early days yet but the performance is unaffected and the engine actualy seems quieter. I will report back on the economy, localy LPG is 41 pence per litre

Cheers

Probsat

Hi Guys

Had the Lexus converted this week took them 4 days but a truely splendid job. Decided on the BRC Multi point sequential system with 70 litre tank. Had multi lube fitted to protect the valves because of the longer LPG burning time.

This morning the outside temp wae -3 degrees, started up the engine on petrol and within 2 minutes driving it had automatically changed over to gas. A warm engine takes between 10 and 15 seconds to change to gas

Early days yet but the performance is unaffected and the engine actualy seems quieter. I will report back on the economy, localy LPG is 41 pence per litre

Cheers

Probsat

Hi Probsat - where did you get the conversion done in the end?

Cheers, Dave.

Hi Guys

Cheers

Probsat

Hi Probsat - where did you get the conversion done in the end?

Cheers, Dave.

Hi Dave

I had it done locally costing £2000 using a firm called Car Gas who are a member of the relevant association of recognised instalers, fully certificated.

Contacted my insurer Adrian Flux and the premium remains the same. I am now monitering the consumption, if I get less than 220 miles local driving from my first fill of 60 litres(including expansion space) I am to take the car back and they will make adjustments.

If I get the 220 miles they will have the car back after 1000 miles to check the system is operating ok. Thereafter every 20000 miles or two years

It should break even in around 15 months at my current monthly mileage

Cheers

Probsat

LPG fitted in 2006 no problems ever no noticeable performance always starts first time, go for flashlube valve protector if you want to be 100% assured of a protected engine too and i would opt for a prins multipoint system they are by far the best, you get what you pay for but its a judgement you should take considering how long you want to keep the car or how many miles you will be doing, overall car condition etc.

I put it in mine as I found a pretty mint mk1 sport and was planning on keeping it for a while.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Covered 1000 mile since the conversion, travelling approx 250 miles at a cost of £24 of gas at 41p per litre. Performance seems no different at all. Starts on fuel and changes to gas in 2 minutes when the outside temp is zero degrees.

Only problem at the moment is the fact that the fuel guage goes down until the warning light comes on. I thought that it was actually using both gas and petrol but it is running to well. However the gauge resets to its correct position soon after the light comes on, in my case it lifts from nearly empty to three quarters full, so it is using very little petrol considering that I have only been doing short stop start journeys with the odd short motorway trip during the last 1000 miles. The car is going in to have a fix fitted on 14th, apparently the ML mercedes have this same problem, caused bt the CPU of the car controling the fuel gauge and not solely the tank sender unit.

I am very pleased with the results that I am getting, also saving some cash by getting approx 37 mpg. Hopefully the fact that I have the flashlube valve protector fitted the engine should be ok.

Expensive to have installed but well worth it long term.

Cheers

Probsat

• 1 month later...

Hi Probstat

Just had LPG fitted to my GS and would appreciate any more info on the fuel gauge fix. Also how much Flashlube have you consumed over 1000 mls?

robbyD

till setting up the flash lube I am now using approx 6 drops per minute I will report back when I ahve done more miles.

At the moment

Regarding the fuel guage, now this is a right pain! There is a kit that is designed for the mercedes range but this does not work for the lexus.

The theory behind it is that it pulses the feed to the fuel gauge, I have fitted a relay that is operated by the rear brake light circuit. The relay when energised breaks the feed to the tank sender unit, the problem is that there are 2 sender units so it isnt working correctly.

Mine works as follows, the fuel gauge drops as if it is using petrol, when the low fuel light comes on I reset the guage in this way. When I start the car I hold my foot on the brake the guage is now showing empty, I then stop the car and take out the key. When I start the car next time the guage shows the true reading which in my case it is just over half full.

The process then begins again ie: the guage will drop again, with this method the guage only resets when the low fuel light comes on.

To add, during the first 1000 miles the economy and performance dropped slightly, this was rectified by resetting the pressure to 2 bar pressure. During the first 1000 miles the system beds in!

At the moment I am only driving locally and I pay 43.5p per litre, for a £26 fill I get between 210 and 240 miles

cheers

probsat

Been running a couple of Gs300's on gas for over 100,000 miles no problems at all, only thing is the cost down here is 0.57p per Ltr !!

Hi Wow

Are your cars both Mk1's ? if so there is obviously a difference if your fuel gauge is not moving when on gas

cheers

probsat

Been running a couple of Gs300's on gas for over 100,000 miles no problems at all, only thing is the cost down here is 0.57p per Ltr !!

Hi Wow

Are your cars both Mk1's ? if so there is obviously a difference if your fuel gauge is not moving when on gas

cheers

probsat

Yes, i have sold 1 now though.

Fuel gauge moving? i have not said that but no it does not move when on gas, the gas one does though! Petrol gauge does go down over time as it starts on petrol then it switches over.

Hi Wow

cheers

probsat

Yes, i have sold 1 now though.

Fuel gauge moving? i have not said that but no it does not move when on gas, the gas one does though! Petrol gauge does go down over time as it starts on petrol then it switches over.

On the Mk2's the fuel gauge moves when running on gas because the ECU takes over operation of the gauge, and of course the gas fuel gauge drops. For example my low fuel light came on this morning and when I reset the petrol gauge the needle went up to just over half way again

Hi Chris

Cheers

Probsat

Hi

Cheers

Probsat

hi

i have purchased a tartinin97 single point system with donut tank from eBay for £150 for a mark 1 g3 300 sport is it worth installing it on this car i do about 25000 business miles a year but dont use this car its my toy but it would be nice if i wanted to go to scotland or so that i would be on lpg. is this single point worth a risk it is complete and for a mk1 gs or should i buy a brand new one any help would be apprecited cheers

Hi Chris

Cheers

Probsat

Hi

Cheers

Probsat

hi

i have purchased a tartinin97 single point system with donut tank from eBay for £150 for a mark 1 g3 300 sport 88000 is it worth insatlling it on this car i do about 25000 business miles a year but dont use this car its my toy but it would be nice if i wanted to go to scotland or so that i would be on lpg. is this single point worth a risk it is complete and for a mk1 gs or should i buy a brand new one any help would be apprecited cheers

Hi Chris

Cheers

Probsat

Hi

Cheers

Probsat

hi

i have purchased a tartinin97 single point system with donut tank from eBay for £150 for a mark 1 g3 300 sport 88000 is it worth insatlling it on this car i do about 25000 business miles a year but dont use this car its my toy but it would be nice if i wanted to go to scotland or so that i would be on lpg. is this single point worth a risk it is complete and for a mk1 gs or should i buy a brand new one any help would be apprecited cheers

Hi

I was advised by a few installers to have the multipoint system fitted of which I am very pleased with. I cannot notice any difference between gas and petrol. Maybe chris will give you some advice on how his car performs

probsat

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links