Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rx400h Mirrors

Just got my 2006 RX400h but got a few queries:-

1. The side mirrors are so dark at night i cannot see out of them when reversing.

Before i hit something or someone can anyone tell me how to make them usable and lighten them.

The camera is very good but i need to see the sides as well.

2. Unfortunately i did not get an owners manual can you tell me if you can download a copy.

3. I am really pleased with the car but i am not getting more than 24 mpg over a tank. Is this correct.

I am driving short journeys of about 2 to 4 miles in town.

4. My next job is to get a towbar fitted. the lexus garage in cheltenham is quoting £1100 fitted for a detachable type. Is there any cheaper installers.

Thanks for your assistance

Can't help you with your mirror question. But going to Lexus to get a towbar fitted for that price is a bit hefty.

They will probably farm the job out to a Tow Bar company anyway.

WITTER do a Tow Bar for the 400 so try a local WITTER stockist.

There is one in your area so give them a ring and get a quote first.

Gotherington Cross Garage, Evesham Road, Gotherington, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL52 8SA

01242 679222

I don't know them but on the WITTER website they look like the nearest one to you although there are about 4/5 in Gloucestershire.

I know that one of the lads on here got a quote from Lexus then went to a WITTER centre and got it done for a lot less.

The Towbar is only around two hundred quid so £900 for labour by Lexus is taking the Pi$$

Anyway hope this helps

Terry

Can't help you with your mirror question. But going to Lexus to get a towbar fitted for that price is a bit hefty.

They will probably farm the job out to a Tow Bar company anyway.

WITTER do a Tow Bar for the 400 so try a local WITTER stockist.

There is one in your area so give them a ring and get a quote first.

Gotherington Cross Garage, Evesham Road, Gotherington, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL52 8SA

01242 679222

I don't know them but on the WITTER website they look like the nearest one to you although there are about 4/5 in Gloucestershire.

I know that one of the lads on here got a quote from Lexus then went to a WITTER centre and got it done for a lot less.

The Towbar is only around two hundred quid so £900 for labour by Lexus is taking the Pi$$

Anyway hope this helps

Terry

They quoted £750 supply only or £ £1100 fitted

1. The side mirrors are so dark at night i cannot see out of them when reversing.

Before i hit something or someone can anyone tell me how to make them usable and lighten them.

2. Unfortunately i did not get an owners manual can you tell me if you can download a copy.

3. I am really pleased with the car but i am not getting more than 24 mpg over a tank. Is this correct.

4. My next job is to get a towbar fitted. the lexus garage in cheltenham is quoting £1100 fitted for a detachable type. Is there any cheaper installers.

I cannot believe these silly prices for fitting a towbar (and electrics, I presume). I have had my previous 2 towbars plus all electrics fitted by:- MOTA-BARS. 42 MORTON ST. LEAMINGTON SPA. CV325SY. TEL 01926 426382. www.motabars.co.uk.

My last fitting (a couple of years ago) was on my 2002 RX300. The bar was a detachable BRINK (WITH KEY), full electrics with

relay for fridge etc. Price incl VAT £434.75. Super job. Super price . Wouldn't even consider using a Lexus Distributor for work of this kind. For people outside this area, Leamington is a very pleasant place to spend half a day or so whilst the work is carried out... Regards Robroy in Stratford u Avon

1) There is a push button in the middle of the bottom of the interior mirror that turns off the dimming.

2) There was a link somewhere, possibly on the USA LOC forum.

3) That is probably about right for short journeys in the colder weather as the engine has to run more to bring the catalytic converter up to temperature and also to provide heat for the heater (and your comfort!) You will notice a marked difference in the summer. On motorway runs you should be getting 30-35 MPG even in the cold weather.

4) Good luck with the tow bar

Hope that helps.

The link for the LOC USA is http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=79 and the links to the manuals are right at the top pinned under "Important Topics"

Regards again and enjoy your 400h

• 4 weeks later...

Running the car like that and you're in danger of some expensive damage to the exhaust system. Water vapour builds up in the exhaust over the first couple of miles but is then evaporated and blown out of the system as the exhaust heats up.

Short trips leaves the water in the exhaust system which will lead to corrosion.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links