Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Wash With Meguiars Gold (pics)

LexG

You done a good job there, nothing beats standing back to see the car you have spent 2 hrs cleaning lol.

I used the same product last week, you must have bought the pack that has both the shamppo and liquid wax (with free applicator). I found the result to be good, but after being left out for one night, the wax felt like it wasn't there the following morning after a 30 minute drive (with very light drizzle). Maybe i was too stingy with the wax and should apply more. But after i used up the liquid wax im going to use Dodo Juice Banana Armour Carnauba Hard Wax, as i believe the wax coating will last longer than Meguiars liquid wax.

Glad you like it! Im very impressed with the results :D

Vyker - The pictures definately makes it seem "remote", I drove upto the top of the downs, as you can see you get an awsome view - thought It would make some decent pictures. It was quite a dirty old track so theres me just after spending a good few hours on the car driving it as slow as I could to reduce mud splashes etc :winky:

Corsavandal - What I did to try and hide the few scratches that are on the paintwork was to thoroughly T-Cut the scratches and then Polish/Wax over it to "seal" it in if you like, if the scratches are still visible then repeat the process until your happy :-) I thought It worked well - as you can see from the pictures.

KnightUnit - I was told a while ago to use circular motions to apply the Wax and to Buff it off, seems to work for me but I guess you could do it anyway you like :D

VVProtocolVV - Yep I bout the pack - around £15.99 or so, bottle of each with the yellow pad, works out cheaper than buying both individualy except you get a slightly smaller bottle. I would definately recommend it as there is so many various products about it is sometimes hard to tell which one to go for!

Knew I had read it some where:

http://autopia.org/forum/guide-detailing/8...x-your-car.html

* Work in a shaded area out of direct sunlight.

* Use a foam applicator pad to apply your wax. When the applicator becomes caked with wax, switch to a fresh applicator.

* Work on one area at a time covering 2 to 4 square feet. Some products may allow you to coat the entire car before buffing off, but most do not.

* Follow the wax manufacturer's instructions on whether or not to allow the wax to dry (haze) before buffing.

* Use a small amount of wax at a time, and rub it in well. If you use too much wax, you're wasting the product and your time.

* Use a small amount of wax at a time, and rub it in well. If you use too much wax, you're wasting the product and your time.

* If the wax residue does not buff off easily, switch to a clean wipe towel.

* Apply your wax in a back-and-forth motion, not in circles. If you are creating swirls, you need to replace your applicator or towels.

Thats strange as I googled a few pages on waxing just after your reply earlier and some state that you should use circular motions and others state that you shouldnt, anyhow I guess it works both ways, whichever you find best, next time I will wax in back-and-forth motion and see which comes out best :-)

I prefer the circular motion as it evens out the wax better than forward and backward motion. Going back and forwards only strips away the wax so to speak...think when they do womens facials (place funny comment here...) they use circular motion..

But one tip i will use from above is to do one part at a time and see the result, as i normally do the whole car..let it haze up then buffer off.

Megs gold class wax isn't a 'pure wax'. its a polish with carnuaba content inside.

Megs proffesional line product is very good. The retail stuff like gold class is so so, but some of the better stuff you can buy from Halfords.

I personally binned all my megs retail stuff because its simply isn't all that :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links