Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Musical Gearbox Or Diff!

Hello all, driving my IS 300 home tonight I decided to use the E shift for a change rather than auto pilot :D I noticed that every time I slowed down in 2nd gear I get a sort of whining sound a bit like a worn out bearing noise coming from, I think? the gearbox. Has anyone else noticed this in thier car or is it something I should get checked out?? It's only done 10,000 miles from new so I can't believe that it's wear and tear already. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Glenn

Haven't noticed any strange noises yet, but I've only done 150 miles in my so far :P I shall try it out tomorrow and listen carefully to see if I can reproduce your problem... :unsure:

Absolutely love it! :yahoo::yahoo:

My only real criticism of the '200SE Auto was that it was lacking in power... :sleeping: which the dealer agreed with me on, putting it down to the cars weight! (maybe he meant my weight?!) :o But after they lent me an IS300 for the day while I was having some warranty work done a couple of months ago, I was hooked!

Aside from the engine being soooo much quieter, the switch-gear seems a lot more "solid" than it did on my IS200 did, but that might just be coz it's brand new, or because they've enhanced the build process. Still a real shame there's no steering-mounted controls for the stereo :(

Can't wait 'til the car's run-in... ;)

Listened to mine on the way home from work - wound the window down and used E-SHift down thru the gears at a couple of junctions. Couldn't hear anything abnormal...

Vince - nice bike mate, sounds like a serious track tool ! :yahoo:

Thanks for the feedback guys, looks like I might be having a trip back to my dealer with it! Mine was registered in October 2001 so it must have been one of the first IS300's I think, so it's possible that it may have a few minor niggles that have been sorted out now. Or maybe I am just a bad driver :D

Cheers

Glenn

Thanks vince, I will let you know the outcome. I am guessing it will be something like "sorry sir but everything seems to be OK" Never mind, I may be able to persuade them to loan me a GS430 for the day :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links