Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Couple Of Questions

Done a search and couldn't find anyone with similiar probs on an IS200 SE:

1) When I set the lights to auto in the morning when it's dark, the lights come on, however as the day gets lighter the lights don't turn off. If, however I turn the stick to 'off' then back to auto, the lights don't come on (as they shouldnt as it's light!) So my question is, are my auto lights working as they should, do the sensors only allow auto to turn the lights off if the car has in effect been 'reset' by turning the ignition off (or as I did, turning the stick off)

can't think of a more elegant way to say the above, hope it makes sense to someone!

secondly, does anyone else find the boot a bit stiff? (I find that I have to give it a little bit more force than I have to previous cars to get the boot to shut - even after some liberal use of wd40)

Any help, much apreciated

auto lights turn on and of - or they should do, TBH i never use mine as its too slow to react when in tunnels etc.

dont use wd40 for lubrication - use a proper spray grease/lubricant, wd40 is only a temporary lubricant and in fact washes out any other form of grease that may be there making the long term situation worse.

This has been brought up before about auto lights not going off so it's not an isolated problem. The only thing I can think of, is that at the moment when the days are light, they're not really. The're dull and dismal. If the light levels are below the level at which the auto lights kick in, then they'll do just that even though it's light, it's not that light if you know what I mean. It's a theory, maybe right, maybe wrong but it's my 2 cents worth.

Keith :)

This has been brought up before about auto lights not going off so it's not an isolated problem. The only thing I can think of, is that at the moment when the days are light, they're not really. The're dull and dismal. If the light levels are below the level at which the auto lights kick in, then they'll do just that even though it's light, it's not that light if you know what I mean. It's a theory, maybe right, maybe wrong but it's my 2 cents worth.

Keith :)

That's pretty much what I thought, cheers for comments :)

I think I may have to take the IS in regarding the boot, I hate having to slam it as I think I'm doing some sort of damage :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links