Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sc430 Alarm

lexus_john

I have a March 2006 SC430 (facelift version with LED rear lights and Bluetooth etc) and for the past few weeks the alarm has been going off randomly after being parked for 10 - 20 minutes. The strange thing is it doesn’t do it every day and even more strange is that it has done it 4 or 5 times whilst parked at work but only done it once whilst parked on the drive at home. It is still under warranty but I was just wondering if there is a simple solution to the problem (apart from not setting the alarm) before I make a fool of myself at the Lexus dealer. It may be going off when we park at shopping centres etc. where there is no one to let you know as we only know it is going off at work because people come and let you know as they know it is your car.

Guest inicol63

Another possibility is that a large vehicles going past may set off the alarm, I do believe that there is a screw on the alarm for sensitivity, although I have not looked on mine.

Hope one of the idea's work.

Ian

Had a similar problem a couple of years ago.

Turned out to be rain water getting through a cut in the rubber roof seal where it meets the top of the driver side 'A' pillar (due to poor windscreen replacement job). Depending on the angle it was parked at, water was sometimes being channelled down the pillar trim and dripping on to the alarm electrics somewhere on the side of the driver's footwell. Sealed off with rubber mastic, dried things off - sorted!

A bit more remote a possibility - but worth a quick check.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links