Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

70, 000 Mile Service

ice

hi all,

just got a price on a 70,000 mile service for my is200 wich was £210 from lexus leicester. does this seem about average as i know prices can vary between dealers? just wondering is it still worth getting it serviced from dealers as the car is now 7 years old but only done 38,000 miles. or are there any reccomendations for getting it serviced at a local garage? oh they also said they would match the rac cover when i asked. any advice would help :unsure:

thanx in advance

www.prestigecarservicing.com and nationalvehiceservicing.com have been quoted by a few members as being a good alternative to using dealers.

Look at price using Lexus dealer then compare.

I guess now the IS200/300s are getting older you have to compare the cost of dealer servicing compared to the value of the car. As long as the service is kept up to a reasonable standard I don’t think it will affect the resale value now.

Just my opinion.

:)

• 3 months later...

Beware of PrestigeCarServicing

I used PrestigeCarServicing and regret it now very badly

Bosch garage was servicing my car

They claim it is according to manufacturer’s service schema, BUT IT IS NOT !! When I demanded from Prestige Car Service detailed invoice they sent me the list which you may not compare with car manual listings.

There were things listed, which were not working in this car (I was about to report it to dealer) and PrestigeCarServicing assured me it was checked. But it was not because it is still not working.

Car was not washed properly if you compare to dealer's wash and they do not open the trunk to vacuum it.

mine costs £120 with a loltaly discount

Better check if they did anything to your car. Vulcan Motors Bosch service garage they took my car into, claimed they adjusted handbrake travel. It was going high 6-7 catches up to brake properly and still goes 7 after their service.

On the list they informed that rear screen wash was checked. If they have done it (or opened eyes when doing it) they would have noticed it was never working in my car.

They also did overcharged engine flush (£25) in new car and informed me that my car's manufacturer had recommended it. First, it is not recommended at all, and BTW other local garages do the same for £6 (ha ha).

Problem with PrestigeCarServicing is that they can take your car to any crap garage and you have no idea who and what is servicing it. I got the garage name from them after I spent some time complaining about screwed up service.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links