Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Changing Battery

c4shr

Hello All

I have identified that my Battery requires changing (9V on dash each morning should be around 14V, key turn drops it further down to 2-6V when I attempt starting and then I hear the dreaded clicks - luckily upon pressing accelerator it starts very slowly). Cannot see fluid level lines and checking by hydrometer is difficult but the necessity of a Battery change is probably due to, amongst other things, Battery life nearing to an end (no sign of Battery change in service log except Battery trans. something or another paid for in 06 service??), cold weather and not driving the car too much recently as its been stood at home (I'm not well you see so signed off on a doctors note!)

I have just obtained a quote from Lexus Manchester and Bolton who both advise a price of £54.05 inclusive. I will be going to Bolton, gives the Battery some charge and better still, they accept LOC Gold member discount.

Have attempted poorly to work out how I can change the Battery myself. I can undo the hold-down clamp at the top quite easily. I know I must attempt the negative connection first. Am I right to undo the clamp bolts adjacent to the terminals? :question: (i.e. the bolt directly near the terminal pole which is opened on the side as opposed to the bolt nearest to the wire opened from the top). The bolts seem to be really tight and I cannot undo them. Is this a WD40 occasion or should I get a pro. to fit it in? :question:

I am the first to admit that I am not mechanically or DIY sound but I am very keen to get stuck in (and prone to errors!). :duh:

Any help is of course much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links