Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cat-back/backbox

Rob's Lexx

Morning all.

I'm a little confused by this. My understanding was that a cat-back system and a backbox were one and the same thing.

However, when looking at this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCORPION-Cat-Back-Ex...1QQcmdZViewItem item number 310007522846

and this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCORPION-Exhaust-4-B...1QQcmdZViewItem

item number 310007523157

they appear to be different. Its the same seller and the same brand exhaust.

So, am i wrong in thinking cat-back/backbox are the same??

Yes see what you mean matey the scorpion ones say they dont fit with the skirt kit fitted so if you did go for the rear skirt it might be a tight fit but sure i've seen them fitted with the rear skirt and cant see why they dont fit as the exhaust aperture with the skirt isnt much different from the normal exit? Not sure though mate just thought i'd mention it as i know you'll go for some skirts eventually?? :D

not going for the scorpion one mate, just stumbled across it and couldn't understand if you did get a centre section with a cat-back exhaust??

so what ur saying is that if you buy a cat-back system for the IS, you get middle pipe and back box?? If you buy back box, thats all you get?? how do they both compare to each other in terms of performance??

Not sure to be honest on the performance side mate as i've only got the back box on mine but i'd say the cat back system would be free'er flowing and less restrictive than the standard centre section and back box combo?? and if you buy the cat back you will get the centre section and the back box and if you go for the backbox thats all you get NO centre section.. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links