Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch / Duel Mass Flywheel

stewy

hi guys, wonder if anyone can give me some advise please,, 2000 is200 manual,, purchased this car approx 3 months ago and notised soon after the clutch had a judder when pulling away, i was'nt to concerened about it but yesterday it also started slipping. i have just finished getting the gearbox out (blinkin' heavy) , anyway the friction plate is just starting to touch the rivets so i know its worn what bothers me is the fact i can rotate the flywheel a good inch before any pressure is felt, does it mean its also worn? any idea on prices? any advise appreciated before i get on the phone tomorrow. thanks stewart :tomato:

All IS200's have clutch judder mate. You need to use more revs when pulling away from standstill and it won't do it. And yes you do need a new friction plate.

As for the movement in the flywheel.....It is bolted directly to the engine/crank so there should not really be any free movement I don't think. It should feel pretty stiff/solid. get a large socket onto the front crank pulley at the opposite end of the engine and see if it also turns freely like the flywheel.

thanks for the rapid replies guys, well purchased new valeo clutch today £164.(trade) motor factors cannot supply flyweel, genuine only, got on to lexus wolverhampton to ask there advise, quote. change flywheel at every clutch change, thats fine for them to say but at £ 800+vat its more than i can afford the week before xmas, i am going to fit the new clutch, old flyweel and gearbox back in tonite, i will let you know weather i;ve still got the judder tomorror, stewart

thanks for the rapid replies guys, well purchased new valeo clutch today £164.(trade) motor factors cannot supply flyweel, genuine only, got on to lexus wolverhampton to ask there advise, quote. change flywheel at every clutch change, thats fine for them to say but at £ 800+vat its more than i can afford the week before xmas, i am going to fit the new clutch, old flyweel and gearbox back in tonite, i will let you know weather i;ve still got the judder tomorror, stewart

Im sure prolex have one for sale, was on eBay, about £350 i think B)

hi again, well just finished getting gearbox back in and glad to say the new clutch as sorted it, no judder, nice feel to the pedal, fingers crossed it stays that way,,,, many thanks to replys i recieved, hope i dont have to do the job again. stewart :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links